Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

OT: What is a salvaged E30 M3 worth? Details of the car.....

16 posts / 305 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

For sale is a Zinnoberot 1990 M3 with 159K miles. The engine still pulls strong. The mods include:

Momo shifter

2 17X7.5 BBS RK's in the front

2 17X8 BBS RK's in the back

Dunlop SP9000's 235/40/17 all around

Dinan Chip

White face gauges

Rogue SSK with WSR

TMS oil pan baffle

The bad. The car has a Salvaged title. The previous owner had a blowout on the Bay Bridge, spun out and hit the guardrail with the rear of the car. The motor was untouched. Could use some new paint. Glove box leaks (surprise). Speedo doesn't work (surprise). There is no radio and the OBC is very dim (but works).

Thank you for any help you could provide. I've always wanted an E30 M3 and here is my chance and I can afford it. But is it worth it?

Guest Anonymous

You can get a clean title e30 M3 for about 10-12K. And at 150K+ miles, it will need a rebuild in the future. My brother is rebuilding his S14 right now, close to $10k but he's doing a 2.5 stroker kit. Probably about $6-7K to rebuild a stock 2.5, labor included. $2.5K Cheaper if you do it yourself. The e30 M3s are great, just take your time if you are seriously looking for one. I see clean ones pop up for $10K once in a while. I would pass unless it's clean and repaired correctly and just have a salvage title. This one looks like ut needs work. Worth $5K tops. IMHO only....

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

9sdnif.jpg

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

9sdnpz.jpg

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

When my car was reaching 200k, I talked to Carl Nelson about how I was thinking it may be time for a rebuild.

He said he pulled his apart at 190k because it was high mileage. He said we wished he had not pulled it apart as it did not need it. Everything was clean, no noticeable ridges in the cyls, etc...

I've got 242k on my original motor. Compression is low, the rings are leaking(lots of air going by during leakdown test, but there were no combustion gasses in the coolant. Gonna do a full tune up, and rebuild the suspension and get it back on the road.

S14's are great motors that are capable of high mileages. My car is not a garage queen, was a daily driver most of it's life, did a few seasons of autocross, and a few track days.

As for the dim OBC display, that is the little back light bar. Easy to replace, you just have to pull the OBC from the dash which is a royal PITA. OBC light bars cost $20 or 30. If you want to solder in some grain-of-wheat bulbs, you can do it much cheaper.

Research the salvage title issue. Be sure it is something you can live with. Shop around and be sure you want to take on this M3 as a project. Join the E30M3 SIG.

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

stuff off to lower the price.

Guest Anonymous

door at $6,800.Good(not salvage) title w/low compression in 1 cyl

Guest Anonymous

wheels off since that is the only thing of value.

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

iX025.jpg

(nt)