Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Over Run

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

I have a huge problem with over run on my 75 2002 auto car seems to run rich but when shut down continues to run as if diesiling (like a lean condition) The timing is correct. Oh maybe I should metion that it is a Cali car with air pump

Guest Anonymous

This replaces the idle jet in the upper, passenger side of the carb. You can pick up 12V. power from a wire whose current goes off w/ the key. If you have elec. choke that wire is a close source. Then, when you turn the key off, the solonoid closes the flow of fuel to the idle jet. You can get these from Pierce Manifold, La Jolla Independent, 2002Haus, or any of the other usual suppliers. Last one I bought was a little under $30.

Guest Anonymous

you should consider de-smogging that puppy. Helps a whole bunch of engine related functions. I've done it to both my ' 75 and my wife's ' 76 (where I live in So. AZ it's not req'd.)

Guest Anonymous

Make sure the idle speed is not set too high, double check the timing (maybe even play with slightly different timing settings / other distributors, etc)

Some cars might just NEED the anti-dieseling idle selenoid - but I can't stand 'em - and usually remove them from every Weber I can. To me, they add clutter to the carb, and make reaching the choke adjustment a real PITA.

Tinker with fuel mixture, make sure there are no exhaust manifold leaks, too (this can heat up exhaust valves and cause some dieseling on occasion.)

If you install the anti-dieseling selenoid - please send me the original idle jet holder (*grin*) - as they're difficult to order correctly from my experience!

Paul

Guest Anonymous

like we do here in Southern Arizona, where the official air temp is 105 to 110 in the summer, you might learn to live with a solenoid to prevent dieseling.

Guest Anonymous

(nt)