Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

kugelfischer help please

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

hope this is an easy one to answer and somebody can ease my mind... am in the process of restoring a tii and am just putting the engine back together. when i've come to fit the kugelfischer i have noticed that the pump has been rotated: ie its timing marks no longer line up. will i have done any damage to the pump and if i rotate it back to its timing marks will it (presumably) now be back at #1 and in line with TDC on the engine? TIA

Guest Anonymous

Don't worry you can turn it all day long with no damage. just bolt it back on, line up the marks and fit the new belt, if the oil has run out of it while it has been lying on it's side, prime it with a cup of engine oil

Guest Anonymous

26-9808961.JPG

hope you also instaling a NEW toothed pump belt

and if the teeth on the pump gear are 'rOuGh' - get a new gear now before you go much further.

Turn away

Guest Anonymous

yeah, new belt and pump gear is fine. thanks for your help chaps. feel much happier now!

Guest Anonymous

071405HoodOpen.jpg

You pretty much guessed it! :-)

Be sure that #1 is at TDC (remove cam cover to align lobes)..make sure distributor rotor is at the TDC mark in the body, and make sure the notch on the Kugel pulley lines up with the bump on the aluminum housing.

Then you should be good to go. Tii's are great to work on,,,everything lines up at TDC!

Good luck,

John

'72tii "Hugo"