Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Breather hose for 74 Tii

5 posts / 467 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Replacement breather hose (hose from valve cover to air cleaner) did not come with fitting for the small tube that runs to the throttle body. Is this line needed or a needless polution control feature that can be blanked? (no smog testing in South Carolina)

Guest Anonymous

or beer can or fancy breather tank from Summit

Guest Anonymous

Color me stupid, the hole for the fitting was hidden by the label on the new hose and the tube fitting easily transferred from the old hose. Thanks all for the help and offer to sell the part.

Guest Anonymous

The PO decided these lines were unecessary when he added the K&N air filter.

I replaced the original air canister and filters and refit the cam cover breather pipe. The nipple and tube were reconnected to the throttle body.

I'm not sure what function this tube performs, but it is a vacuum line that sucks air into the throttle body.

Bottom line: Don't let anything vent/vacuum to/from atmosphere. If you're not polluting the environment, your polluting your engine.

Delia