Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Any close generic touch up paint matches for chamonix?

20 posts / 151 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Just hoping that somebody has already found a good one than trying the trial and error method this weekend.

Looking for actual touch up paint not spray enamel from tower or urethane in a pen.

Just the stuff found at the local auto parts store. I want something that works with LANGKA.

Thanks,

-J

Guest Anonymous

In hemmings

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

Seriously, white is just as hard to match as any other color. As the touch up paint cures more, the shade will change.

I think we used an appliance touch up enamel(strong smelling stuff!) when my wife had her Chamoix tii. Testors model paint is another option. This was for any of the little nicks and rock chips. I would use a toothpick to just touch the paint into the chip.

For other, harder to match colors, like those on our tandem, I have had to resort to various nail polishes. It is quite a sight to see an adult male laboriously studying all the shades of nail polishes. I'm sure I get a few puzzled looks.

Guest Anonymous

I've used it before. If you have faded paint or a respray that isn't exactly factory color, it will probably be off. They do have all the 02 color codes I believe.

Guest Anonymous

enamel in a bottle or can. Blobby and faster drying times are a result of this. LANGKA can be used with both but it is designed to work with fast drying touch up paint.

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

I got the primer pen and Chamonix paint stick and their touch up spray paint for a Chamonix car. All of their products worked great and they were very close to the original. -Brian

Guest Anonymous

I got the primer pen and Chamonix paint stick and their touch up spray paint for a Chamonix car. All of their products worked great and they were very close to the original. -Brian

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.paintworldinc.com

Paintscratch is ripping people off. $30 for 1 spray can of paint!? Thats not even including their over priced clear....and then shipping. You're out of your mind if you use Paintscratch. Paintworldinc.com uses the same exact paint...the same brand, the same quality. But Paintworldinc.com prices are way lower, you can call their phone and actually get a human being, they have an actual store you can walk in to, great customer service, and great technical knowledge. You're crazy if you ever order from Paintscratch.

Guest Anonymous

(nt)

Guest Anonymous

Most hardware stores and hobby shops have PreVals...It's basically a small glass jar that you screw a propellant can onto. I've used 'em for minor touchups for years and they work well. And you can buy extra bottles to keep your touchup paint in.

Cheers

Mike