Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

crankshaft 'location'?

1 post / 130 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

So in my quest to get my m20 to fit perfect...I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to get an EXACT measurement of where the crankshaft nut SHOULD line up. I know that 'every car is different'..but there still should be a measurement that SHOULD be the same..ie..if you had a brand new 2002.. where would it be?

Any ideas on figuring this measurement out..short of everyone posting the location of the center of their crankshaft nut? I was told that it *should* be 1/2inch to the drivers side from the center (ie, center of the nose). When lining mine up..it seems as though it should be 1/2inch to the passenger side.

I would rather straighten up my front end to 'factory measurements' than just fit the m20 whatever seems right. To me, the 'every car is different' reasoning is, well, its just not precise.

ideas?

thx

Matt

ps feel free to post the orientation of yours here..maybe a poll is the only way?