• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arias Forged Pistons 10:1, 90mm

11 hours ago, Furry Camel said:

Buyer beware. Disregard any reference to an E12 head in regards to these pistons, despite any claims made by this seller.

Why not let the buyer do his due diligence.  You don't know from any info given here or on the spec sheet to make such a recommendation.  They obviously worked unless you are calling the seller a liar.

• Thanks 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

2 hours ago, jimk said:

Why not let the buyer do his due diligence.  You don't know from any info given here or on the spec sheet to make such a recommendation.  They obviously worked unless you are calling the seller a liar.

Thanks. 

As I was saying, I would be extra careful to check valve and head clearances for anything but an e12 head. The pistons were custom pistons purchased specifically for this engine and have functioned well with a performance cam except for excessive oil consumption (due to excessive piston to wall clearance and bad valve seals/guides). 

Based on the measurements of the piston dome and spec for the compression height, and measurement/spec for your engine's deck height, cylinder head volume, and head gasket thickness, you can calculate your compression. There are online calculators or you can do some math on your own. 

Comp height: 1.704"

Dome (including negative volume of valve cutouts): 11.2 cc

Standard deck height is 217.5 

Head gasket thickness: 1.5 or 1.8mm

Rods: 135mm

Stroke: 80mm

Bore: 90mm

Head Combustion Chamber volume:

E12: 61cc, 

121: 58cc

E21: 60cc 

1.8i: 63cc

13 hours ago, jimk said:

Seriously? If you can’t tell the difference between them, you really shouldn’t comment. Just because they didn’t hit a valve when run in an E12 head doesn’t mean anyone should ever do it on purpose. Please don’t comment on things you aren’t qualified for. 

Well, anyone is welcome to buy the pistons, I'll take any reasonable offer to see them put to good use and enjoyed, and whoever buys them can put them in any engine they want. The dimensions are given above. 

I guess they should come with a caveat that they'll have a forum person be a dick to them if they decide to use them in an e12 head like they have been used for the last 25 years since my car's previous owner's shop ordered and installed them in an e12 head. 

8 hours ago, Furry Camel said:

Seriously? If you can’t tell the difference between them, you really shouldn’t comment. Just because they didn’t hit a valve when run in an E12 head doesn’t mean anyone should ever do it on purpose. Please don’t comment on things you aren’t qualified for. 

I can tell the difference, but you read too much into the original ad.  Please don't assume another's experience level.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, jfahuna said:

Read above these are for 121 .

Again you can make anything work .

How will it work is the 2 dollar question.

I believe the are, but would be careful to check valve/piston clearance since I haven't tested it in another head. 

They did work quite well in the E12 head, albeit with too much piston/wall clearance on my block and oil burn. The car was quick, ran smoothly, and got good mileage even with dual DCOEs. I assume they'll work better in a 121 head.

They're up for sale for 100 bucks shipped. Anyone who wants them can have them cheap. They'll work fine and cost less than standard flat tops. 

Edited by wmax351