• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Sacramento

Hi.   Nothing technical, just an intro post.  I just bought a 1972 2002 that’s been sitting parked outside since 1999 or so.  It was sitting in my neighbor’s yard where he parked it after his daughter was in a minor collision.  I owned several 510’s over the years and about 18 months ago sold my clean 1996 Nissan 240sx.  I was missing a project car.

Needless to say the 2002 came home on a trailer.  It needs pretty much everything, but seems to be a good starting point.  It has a downdraft weber on it, A/C installed and some Allison ignition stuff.  He included a 5 speed transmission and a 3.90 lsd differential I need to identify and figure out what’s needed parts wise to install.  I’m looking forward to the journey, and to the wrenching.

I’ll post some pictures of the car soon…

Hey welcome to the best forum you could hope for but this section is for the 2002ti and 1600ti model cars. Slightly different than a standard 2002. You can post about your new adventure on the standard 2002 forum and perhaps get more response. 
Welcome aboard and thanks for rescuing the beast. 

Edited by resra
  • Like 1