Just rolled the ‘74 tii ( Odometer, that is!)

GDI

I can verify it rolled over naturally - took this earlier in the day.   Also appreciate any ideas on why that damn Brake light is always on! It stays on even if I short the reservoir  or the Ebrake switch  connections together. Irritating.. 

CC02348E-E923-4D71-A6AB-B92E84AFFE0F.jpeg

Edited by GDI

5 hours ago, esty said:

you sure the button is working under the e-brake handle

The bracket that holds the emergency brake switch (same switch as used for the overhead light in the headliner) is notoriously flimsy and easily bent.  Were it a '76 I'd guess the problem was the brake system imbalance switch was either malfunctioning or actually detected an imbalance between the two brake circuits.  But only 76s have that.

Two other things--if you recently checked your brake fluid level (as I did) and added a little fluid (as I did), you may not have screwed the cap back on all the way (as I did) and the warning light remained on even after I had refilled the reservoir.  Finally, pull the little float in the reservoir, dry it off and hold it up to the light.  If there's brake flulid inside, it's gonna ride low and make your warning light go on.  The float in my '73 did just that a few years ago and I had to replace it.  

mike

PS, My '73's odometer hit 272272 today...a palindromic number.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NYNick said:

"Never seen rain" either.

I know it has seen rain - I have driven it in rain!  But all records since the early ‘80s indicate the milage is accurate. So about 100,025 miles as she sits today (not that it matters much) 

5 hours ago, Mike Self said:

The bracket that holds the emergency brake switch (same switch as used for the overhead light in the headliner) is notoriously flimsy and easily bent.  Were it a '76 I'd guess the problem was the brake system imbalance switch was either malfunctioning or actually detected an imbalance between the two brake circuits.  But only 76s have that.

Two other things--if you recently checked your brake fluid level (as I did) and added a little fluid (as I did), you may not have screwed the cap back on all the way (as I did) and the warning light remained on even after I had refilled the reservoir.  Finally, pull the little float in the reservoir, dry it off and hold it up to the light.  If there's brake flulid inside, it's gonna ride low and make your warning light go on.  The float in my '73 did just that a few years ago and I had to replace it.  

mike

PS, My '73's odometer hit 272272 today...a palindromic number.  

Thanks, Mike - I’ll check those things out today!