Scammer alert: "Rock Mathew"

Don Bower

This jackass advertised on Facebook Messenger that he was parting a 2002.  I contacted him, said he had what I needed, I sent him the money, he disappeared.  He required me to do payment through Skrill.  The name he used on Messenger was "Rock Mathew."  His email address (if real) is agustinmiguela@live.com.ar.  Buyer beware.

• Like 1

Rule #1 to not getting scammed- ONLY pay via known, insured, and secured payment methods. Anybody not OK with a PayPal goods/services payment, or meeting up for a cash payment/swap for actual parts is 99.99% guaranteed a scammer. 

If they claim they don't want to pay the small PayPal fees as a reason for not using it (or request Friends and Family payment) offer to add that extra percentage into your paid price. If they still refuse. 100% a scammer. 

Chances are if dude knows what he's doing, he's taken your (and likely a handful of other's) money and already burned his fake emails/names/etc you're sharing, and created new ones for the next grift. 

Sorry to hear. Stay vigilant. Humans suck.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 11:02 PM, Don Bower said:

This jackass advertised on Facebook Messenger that he was parting a 2002.  I contacted him, said he had what I needed, I sent him the money, he disappeared.  He required me to do payment through Skrill.  The name he used on Messenger was "Rock Mathew."  His email address (if real) is agustinmiguela@live.com.ar.  Buyer beware.

Don- what part(s) are you looking for?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jgerock said:

Don- what part(s) are you looking for?

Jim:  The most innocuous, OCD parts on the car.  The exterior, aluminum trim piece running the length of the "longitudinals" (Porsche vernacular) is surrounded by 4 vinyl gaskets -- long ones on top and bottom, and very short, gray ones on the vertical leading and trailing edges.  About 2 inches long.  Usually lost whenever that trim is removed.  I need all 4 of the short ones (2 left and 2 right, but they're all the same).  BMW sells only sets for the whole trim piece at >$100.  I'm not that delusional.  Yet.

Don