front door clips for lower trim

Tom Johnson

DOOR CLIPS :I have rep;aced the clips that hold the lower trim to the door . 

The trim piece does notfit flus to the door because the clip is larger (wider) than the old one . I bought the clips from Roger`s tii quite a while ago . I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have found a different clip or a solution to the challenge

31 minutes ago, bergie33 said:

Are they the white clips that are actually made for different BMWs, or are they the correct black clips? 

I think Tom is referring to the "knee molding" on modell 71 and later cars' doors. 

AFAIK the clips you're referring to are for the rocker panel trim.  The original black ones, and the later (and larger) white clips that I think were meant for something on an E21.  

2 hours ago, Mike Self said:

I think Tom is referring to the "knee molding" on modell 71 and later cars' doors. 

AFAIK the clips you're referring to are for the rocker panel trim.  The original black ones, and the later (and larger) white clips that I think were meant for something on an E21.  

Yes, Mike, your right. I was thinking the rocker trim.