Becker Europa 2 Stereo- Great Condition, All Buttons/ Knobs

Price: $475

Description:

This came from a 1975. Car hasn't run (electrically, all she does is turn over, none of the dash lights are working), so I don't know if the radio itself is working.

However, visually, there is no rust, the knobs and buttons are present and all work freely...it's from a lifetime CA car. All these connectors and wires are crap so I'm guessing with a bit of TLC it would work just fine. 

I believe this is fair price given the model & condition versus the prices I'm seeing online. 

However, it is $475 OBO.

20220917_134230.jpg

20220917_134236.jpg

20220917_134244.jpg

20220917_134246.jpg

20220917_134248.jpg

20220917_134251.jpg

20220917_134253.jpg

20220917_134256.jpg

20220917_134316.jpg

20220917_134324.jpg

20220917_134329.jpg

20220917_134334.jpg

give her a break, she'll learn the ropes...

just my 2 cents...it will need a new unobtainable face plate....corrosion has killed that one...with the original face plate, i'd probably describe it as being in poor condition

CONSOLES.png
WWW.ESTYCARPET.COM

NEED A VINTAGE CORRECT RADIO ALL MODELS           CONSOLES ARE SOLID WOOD CONSTRUCTION FACE PANEL ARE 20-22 GAUGE STEEL COVERED IN H...

@Tbone1209 I've seen some real crap online for more than this...but feedback is useful. What in your opinion is it worth? I've seen ones with missing knobs and stuck buttons for $200/$300. Everything here moves freely, bar the corrosion flagged here. 

PS: @esty my good man, amigo, Barbara is the name of the car. But comments like that would really encourage women into this space, I'm sure. 

• Like 1

Well, you may price out a good face and deduct that from other non-op radio ask. To really get max value, you may want to feed it some power and see if it lights up. If you have an old speaker around that's another bench test that's simple than would give someone more faith. With so many questions, and with the obvious corrosion it may only get valued as a core needing a full rebuild so whatever you can do to eleviate potentials mis-givings. My 2 cents!

For the record, I'm looking for one of these in excellent condition and think I've seen them in the $300 range... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tbone1209 said:

Well, you may price out a good face and deduct that from other non-op radio ask. To really get max value, you may want to feed it some power and see if it lights up. If you have an old speaker around that's another bench test that's simple than would give someone more faith. With so many questions, and with the obvious corrosion it may only get valued as a core needing a full rebuild so whatever you can do to eleviate potentials mis-givings. My 2 cents!

For the record, I'm looking for one of these in excellent condition and think I've seen them in the $300 range... 

A functioning stereo Europa II in the $300 range?  It is not going to happen.

1 hour ago, HBChris said:

A functioning stereo Europa II in the $300 range?  It is not going to happen.

What's the range Chris? Perhaps I'm looking at a different radio? These aren't 300 but they all look decent at sub 500 

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.FR

Les meilleures offres pour Becker Radio Europa 2 MONO TESTED - W113...

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Becker...
s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Mercedes Benz W114 W115 W107 BECKER Europa Radio Stereo Vintage.

Edited by Tbone1209

3 hours ago, HBChris said:

A working US scale Stereo Europa II is $500-600 I think.  Mono is worth less, the one for $414 looks like a real deal.  Well known dealers are asking over $1000 for a refurbished Europa II.

Agreed. This one, however, appears to have lived by the sea! I’d be surprised if it did not have a fuzz of corrosion on the internal components, just as covers the exterior details.

As suggested already, give it 12 volts. If it lights up, you’ve got a marketable unit, albeit certainly needing service (generally $300 and up at Becker Autosound, admittedly a higher-priced repair alternative). I’ve also had Becker Autosound tell me a prettier unit than this, and a top-of-the-line Grand Prix Stereo at that, is simply not restorable.

Again, start with 12 volts. If it doesn’t turn on, it’s condition is best described as “for parts” or “a core”.

Regards,

Steve