Euro license plate light - intermittent

sobermann

I recently had my 74tii converted to Blunttech's Euro bumpers including Euro license lamps.  One of the bulbs is intermittent due to it not being snug in the copper clips that hold the bulb in.  Can't see how to tighten those clips up as you can't bend them in with the bulb installed, and if you bend them in and then install the bulb, it stretches them out again making them loose.  Any suggestions?

Those are festoon (cartridge) bulbs (like those in the dome light and US style license plate lights), correct?  Can you wedge a little chunk of rubber or stiff foam behind one of the clips to force it into its bulb contact? I've been able to successfully do that in other similar applications; kind of a bodge fix, but it works and doesn't show.

mike

5 hours ago, Mike Self said:

Those are festoon (cartridge) bulbs (like those in the dome light and US style license plate lights), correct?  Can you wedge a little chunk of rubber or stiff foam behind one of the clips to force it into its bulb contact? I've been able to successfully do that in other similar applications; kind of a bodge fix, but it works and doesn't show.

mike

Yes, I thought about just stuffing something behind to make it keep contact w/ the copper retainers.  Seems a bit of a kludge but probably will work.  Other fix suggested below is to tie the top ends of the clips together with a little retainer.  It would be tiny but may work.  I'll give those a try and let y'all know what works.  Thanks.