Timing tensioner alignment

Go to solution Solved by tzei,

Reassembling, got the timing cover on, popped the tensioner in (made sure the check ball valve was good first), and then went to bleed it, but seems. . . strange.  Like the tensioner shoe is too far towards the head, and it doesn't quite want to engage with the tension piston.  It will with a little lateral pressure, but then the piston doesn't want to move freely.  Hopefully the video helps make things clear.  Keep pumping, or is something wrong here?

Not aftermarket, just re-using my old one from several years ago as not that many mile on it and still in great shape, but yeah I might need to resort to the old twisty-with-a-tool.  How malleable is that stuff? Cast aluminum is neither particularly ductile, though nor dangerously brittle, right?

2 hours ago, AustrianVespaGuy said:

Not aftermarket, just re-using my old one from several years ago as not that many mile on it and still in great shape, but yeah I might need to resort to the old twisty-with-a-tool.  How malleable is that stuff? Cast aluminum is neither particularly ductile, though nor dangerously brittle, right?

It's steel, not aluminum. Bend away, Macduff.

• Thanks 1