• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 2002 Value

JSchroeder

"Restored " by someone unfamiliar with 2002s, and it shows in the details--painted parts that shouldn't be, wrong parts incorporated add up to "nice looking but incorrect restoration means no top dollar car".

After a professional checkout and presuming no rust and no egregious mechanical glitches,  a $12-14k car...

mike 

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

On 8/21/2022 at 4:19 PM, BeMyWay said:

Using my softest Clint Eastwood imitation...HECK NO!

There is no way I would pay that much for that car...too many unknowns.

Take your time...If need be, place a wanted request on this site.  

People on this site are tuned to searching....therefore, you have lots of people here to help you find the car you are looking for.

Good luck with your search.

if you are serious about entering the 2002 world then i would suggest taking your time and researching this website. 

Also, Bring a Trailer is a great website to learn what to look for to evaluate a 2002 to buy. Just beware, it is very addicting!

Don't be in a hurry and definitely give this one a miss.

Kind Regards

philip

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip

....but the BaT pricing is on some sort of internet crack.

The pictures are often excellent, tho.

Agreed, keep shopping.  

t

• Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

On 8/21/2022 at 6:01 AM, Schon '02 said:

… even in today’s high price market where for just a few thousand more than the ask, you could’ve had this local tii…

1974_bmw_2002tii_img_2704-90407.jpeg
BRINGATRAILER.COM

Bid for the chance to own a 1974 BMW 2002tii 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #78,800.

Wow! At $28K, the Fjord ‘74 tii was very-well-bought. At $25K, on the other hand, the butchered pig would be fabulously-sold… 

I kid you not!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

After reading all the posts and looking at the seller's photos I have concluded that Steve's(conserv above) comment above has put the lipstick on the pig. And yes, I was inspired by his "butchered pig would be fabulously sold..." conclusion.

Serious apologies to the pigs who are among the smartest animals in the barnyard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hagerty's valuation is a good place to start. A modified '75 already puts you behind the 8-ball. Much better deals on better examples out there. These cars are quickly gaining value. Prices won't come down. 

Edited by joebarthlow

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

I am a big fan of Malcolm Gladwell.  I am re-reading Blink.  It is a book about trusting your first impressions, even if you are not sure why you feel that way. 

This one makes me want to run.  I think it is the fact that the body mods could have been done well, or they could have been done poorly.  You will find out after you get the thing home and pull it apart. It is a bit of a parts bin special. I paid 19K for mine of the same vintage.  Luckily the mods to the body were done well, and the ones that weren't were easily fixable (Pop riveted fender flares).  The bits that I replaced immediately were more for peace of mind rather than being worn out (brake flex hoses, steering coupler, suspension bits, wheel bearings). 

That being said you have to start somewhere, if this is something that is giving off a good future vibe then take a look.  You have great support on this site. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002