• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 2002 Value

JSchroeder

I'm a classic car guy, but never got into the 2002s. But - I found one on craigslist & would love to get a more informed opinion on this particular model than I have. From my uneducated eye, it looks pretty great. But if this car isn't worth $25k, I'd love to know before buying it. Thanks - Justin!

00x0x_kghghVPtZFlz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
SFBAY.CRAIGSLIST.ORG

Very clean Don't want to list much Pictures tells you everything Any questions for serious buyers I will reply generously 1975 bmw 2002 Alphine package The car is in excellent shape Need some carb...

Looks like a solid 2002 with minimal rust and a range of modifications from tasteful to polarizing. The early grille on a late car would make me look long and hard about the nose piece, hard to tell from the photos. It's got recaros and probably some other neat mods, the fact that the owner says it needs a carb adjustment makes me think that they bodged the sidedraft install. Make sure the engine is OK. 

The wording of the ad makes me think that this person may be difficult to work with, but then again, some people just dont talk good. 

• Like 2

It’s a driver that’s probably been color changed with paint applied in areas the factory didn’t intend, de trimmed, undisclosed body repairs, bumper modified, non original interior, and a rough running engine supposedly with just tuning needs…however, it’s excellent per the CL lister who can’t spell, posts fuzzy photos that “tells everything” and you will double your money in three years…

It’s not worth your time in my opinion, but if you think it’s pretty great for $25k then contact the lister and arrange an inspection and test drive. If it knocks your socks off, the ask is $25k and not a penny less, but I think there are better cars out there for that amount of money. IMO it’s $15k even in today’s high price market where for just a few thousand more than the ask, you could’ve had this local tii…

1974_bmw_2002tii_img_2704-90407.jpeg
BRINGATRAILER.COM

Bid for the chance to own a 1974 BMW 2002tii 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #78,800.

Edited by Schon '02
  • Like 2

If this particular car is drawing you in some unique way that no other cars do, I suppose you could take the time to check it out. But for this car at $25k, I really feel like a solid inspection by a mechanic is in order where all of the flaws and potential issues are discussed completely and openly in the cold, sober, light of day. For me, it would be a "no", particularly at an inflexible $25k. 

• Like 1

73 02 Inka

05 M3 Schwarz

67 912 Light Ivory

Would agree I couldn't do 25k.  12k to 15k would be my guess. 

Negatives for me are incorrect front grill and front body nose piece, not a fan of the mirrors or

the black engine bay and trunk area.

Curious what he thinks is the Alpina  package.

If you can spend 25k you could do much better.

My 02 cents worth ?  good luck in your search.

• Like 4

Agree on all comments. Patience and you will find the right one for right price.

Jason

• Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!

I have no idea what the SF market is like,

but up here, money flows out of the internet like a spigot,

so prices are artificially inflated.

It needs an air filter and a carb linkage at least.

I see no pictures of the traditional rust spots, not even a side 

view of the body, so ? 

The treatment of the engine bay in particular would lead me to offer

$5k based on what I can see in the ad.  Yes, it may indeed be a $25k car

in the market it's in, but if there are no floors or rockers on that car, the parts

pictured are worth about five thousand.  It's on the seller to prove

that the vehicle in question is in 'very good to pristine' condition,

and they certainly have not.

t

not a penny more.

• Like 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

14 hours ago, JSchroeder said:

I'm a classic car guy, but never got into the 2002s. But - I found one on craigslist & would love to get a more informed opinion on this particular model than I have. From my uneducated eye, it looks pretty great. But if this car isn't worth $25k, I'd love to know before buying it. Thanks - Justin!

00x0x_kghghVPtZFlz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
SFBAY.CRAIGSLIST.ORG

Very clean Don't want to list much Pictures tells you everything Any questions for serious buyers I will reply generously 1975 bmw 2002 Alphine package The car is in excellent shape Need some carb...

I would agree with others that this isn't worth $25,000.  Maybe 10-15K.  Also there is something about the wording used in the add that makes me think it could be a scam.  I guess it is possible that whoever wrote the add might be someone who English is a second language.  Only buy if you can go see it in person.

• Haha 1

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777

Someone did a great job of polishing a turd! :)

Also, pictures of decals are VERY IMPORTANT! :D

(I won't rant about the de-trimming or the nose. I'm sure it could possibly be a good parts car)

;-)

The 3.5 license plate lights are nice too. 

00D0D_SDgfv56zOUz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Using my softest Clint Eastwood imitation...HECK NO!

There is no way I would pay that much for that car...too many unknowns.

Take your time...If need be, place a wanted request on this site.  

People on this site are tuned to searching....therefore, you have lots of people here to help you find the car you are looking for.

Good luck with your search.

Light is seriously underrated.

11 hours ago, jp5Touring said:

Would agree I couldn't do 25k.  12k to 15k would be my guess. 

Negatives for me are incorrect front grill and front body nose piece, not a fan of the mirrors or

the black engine bay and trunk area.

Curious what he thinks is the Alpina  package.

If you can spend 25k you could do much better.

My 02 cents worth ?  good luck in your search.

You misread, it's the Alphine package not Alpina.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This popped up on the local CL today.  It looks quite original, which appeals to me.  (I'd rather not sort out years of previous owners' modifications).  I like Fjord. 

00404_6wTXXwyVgRlz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
SEATTLE.CRAIGSLIST.ORG

1974 BMW 2002 project car. Owner has had car since 2006, maintained and garaged. Runs well, ready for restoration.

• Like 1