round tail light sheetmetal

anyone have a source for the rear quarter  tail section of the round lights,  i’m just now starting down the journey to restoring the body but i don’t think my sheetmetal forming skills are up to the task. this corner looks it’s been hammered good was bondo filled to the max. my concern is the ability to form the little ledge that the taillight sheet metal has 

F7694588-4A90-4D31-A21E-7227A3CBF6C6.jpeg

Not everyone knows that the quarter panels on roundies and squarelights are the same; if you look at a squarelight quarter panel with the tail light removed, you'll see the semi-circle that forms half the opening of a roundie tail light.  So if you can find a quarter panel  from any 02 with lots of rust lower down you can use the section you need to repair yours.  

mike

• Like 2

It doesn’t look that bad from your picture.  You might as well practice with the hammer and dolly to see if you can get it closer.  Worst case, you replace it anyway, but welding a quarter in or even a portion is a lot of work and needs to be done carefully to avoid heat distortion.  

• Like 2

@cmiceli, I have a friend who is in Bloomington IN and have the entire rear clip saved in his attic. Unfortunately he is in poor health but if you promise not to bother him too much im sure I can put you in touch with him and you can probably buy the entire tail section extending back to the side reflectors for a very reasonable price. 

I hope you are close enough to Indiana to pick it up from him directly.