• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gasoline Prices

Milo

The average price for a gallon of gasoline in California jumped to $5.28, the highest in the nation.

• California ($5.28)

• Hawaii ($4.69)

• Nevada ($4.52)

• Oregon ($4.46)

• Washington ($4.40)

• Alaska ($4.36)

• Illinois ($4.26)ch

• Connecticut ($4.21)

• New York ($4.20)

• Pennsylvania ($4.17)

Some gas stations in Los Angeles are asking $7.00 per gallon. It's only going to get worse. It's time to ditch the side drafts, long duration cams, headers and high compression pistons.

This is only the beginning. While there was never a shortage of Russophobia in the West, it's reached fever pitch and mass hysteria. They're cancelling out anything associated with Russia from literature courses on 19th century Russian writers to banning Russian cats from competition. Russian Vodka is being pulled from the bars and liquor store shelves. Russian restaurants are getting attacked and boycotted, Russian athletes, musicians, artists, composers, actors and students are being fired and bullied, Russian assets are being confiscated etc. But, guess what ? They haven't banned Russian oil, yet. It only contributes to about 4% of the oil imported into the US, but in Western Europe  it accounts for about 40% of imported oil.

They will ban the importation of Russian oil. And, when they do, They'll jack up the price of oil and gasoline even higher.

Edited by Vladimir

Cancel culture is a terrible idea regardless of what it involves.  People should have the freedom to decide for themselves what they want to see or buy.  It was much better to be oil independent like we were not so long ago.

Here in Vancouver, BC we have dealt with highest prices in Canada for more than a couple of years now, partly due to an ever increasing regional taxation strategy implemented by our provincial and regional governments. This morning, after a 10 cent increase overnight,  we are now dealing with 2.10 (CAD) a litre (requiring  3.8 to equal a US gallon) meaning its closing in on the 8.00 mark in comparison. THEN we have to factor the exchange rate on top of that if we travel into the US.

IMHO, the only thing that is going to stop these skyrocketing prices is one of two actions. A piece of   well placed lead into a certain maniac or decreasing  our dependency on oil....not sure if either is feasible.

Edited by joysterm

4 hours ago, its55 said:

Cancel culture is a terrible idea regardless of what it involves.  People should have the freedom to decide for themselves what they want to see or buy.  It was much better to be oil independent like we were not so long ago.

They are also pressuring Elon Musk to remotely deactivate every Tesla sold in Russia. Can you imagine that ? Is this the case with most new cars including BMWs ? 

On 3/8/2022 at 6:10 PM, 72pdx02 said:

I bought vodka at Costco last week. But it’s made in France. Stolichnaya  isn’t even made in Russia. I’ll still drink it with my German beer. 

Stolichnaya isn't made in Russia, but it just officially changed its name to "Stoli". I'm not going to get into the reasons behind the Western hysteria and ban against Russia. But, suffice to say it is hypocritical. 

Russia has significantly contributed to the arts, literature, science, mathematics, aerospace, science and humanity in general. You can't cancel out Russia no matter how hard you try. Open up any chemistry book and the first thing you'll always see is Dimitri Ivanovich Mendeleev's Periodic Table of the Elements.

They've banned Russian oil in the US, but they didn't ban Russian Uranium. Yes ! Uranium. Russia is probably the world's leading supplier. And, the US needs it at all cost.  Nuclear power plants  account for about 8.9 percent of US energy needs, including 20 percent of the country’s electricity, but America has no active uranium production or processing facilities, leaving it entirely dependent on imports.

46 percent of the uranium used by the US’s 56 operational nuclear power plants is imported from Russia and its Kazakh and Uzbek allies, with 22 percent coming from Canada, 11 percent from Australia, and five percent from Namibia. The US purchased about 10.2 million kg of uranium from Russia, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan in 2020, according to data extrapolated from US Energy Information Administration figures.

I live amongst the Armenian community in Los Angeles where there is no shortage of Russian products in the ethnic grocery stores, thank God ! I'll make sure to purchase all of my favorite Russian grocery items such as  Russian Vodka, Russian beer, Russian soft drinks, Russian mustard, Russian Butter cookies, etc. I will purchase anything "Russian". And, I will continue to listen to Russian music including Russian classical music, the Red Army Choir and Russian Rock.

I may even restore a classic Russian Volga. Somebody in my neighborhood already has one. But, I'd like one of these:

volga-v-12-coupe-photo-88646-s-original.
WWW.CARANDDRIVER.COM

A car to kill for.

3 hours ago, lilmo said:

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

The media giant, Meta Platforms, parent company of Facebook and Instagram, has lifted its ban on the Ukrainian Neo-Nazi Azov militants while allowing calls of violence and death threats against Russian soldiers, officials, President Vladimir Putin and his Belorussian counterpart, Alexander Lukashenko.

Western media has also been using a euphemism, "Nationalist" vs. "Nazi" is describing Ukraine's Neo-Nazi fighters  which have  taken a leading role in rallying Ukrainians against the Russians. These are  America's and NATO's "Freedom Fighters" in Ukraine:

9.jpg

2463417_preview.jpg

Edited by Vladimir

I've been around classic BMW's for over 40 years. And, I've learned from experience that there are a lot of closet case Nazis lurking around classic German cars. It's just now, they no longer have to remain in the closet as evidenced by Facebook's decision. So, now you can paste your Waffen SS logos on your cars.

9.jpg