• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dipstick Support Bracket with PHHs

Hi:

The dipstick tube support bracket is missing on my car, and I don't see a great place to mount a support bracket with the phhs (like on the intake manifold on downdraft cars).  Does anyone know where the support bracket should be mounted, or even better, have a photo?

Thanks

Andy

1971 2002ti

One of my spare carbs has an angled bracket that could be for securing a dipstick.  Since lots of Solex sidedrafts were produced for several BMW models, I’d recommend you look at RealOEM diagrams suitable for the 2002ti.

My 69 has the tii engine and uses the original type oil dipstick assembly. No extra bracket on my car.

• Thanks 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 2 years later...

A side note to the discussion: I was running my ti without the support bracket for the dipstick tube. Road / engine vibration plus metal fatigue resulted in the tube breaking off at base. A messy oily experience resulted, especially that I was on a summer roadtrip, many hundreds miles away from home. Back home, it was an easy fix (I even welded the old broken tube as spare).

Wisdom to remember: do not run you car without the support bracket!....

• Like 1