Colorado Restoration of BAT '72 Tii

mac

Josh and Matt are part of 'Avant-Garde Collection' - a very upscale/high-end car broker in Portland OR.  Matt works as 'The Image Engine' photo and video services.  You may not be a fan but his style is a few opening "artsy" shots and then a load of very good straight up shots with excellent lighting.  They operate as "@911r" on BAT and keep attracting excellent customer automobile examples to broker.  GLWTS!

https://www.a-gc.com/about

Just stunning, not overdone.

What’s really refreshing to see is the factory overspray on the floor pans and the spare tire well. Most restorers, whether professional or amateur, paint the entire underside a glossy factory finish which is visually appealing but not correct. Or, they’ll shoot the entire underside in bedliner or a similar product and leave it a matte black finish (CoupeKing comes to mind). 

Also, one rarely sees the diagnostic port on the valve cover in restorations-nice detail. The one glaring boo-boo would be the quarter window latches which are mounted upside down and consequently are each on the wrong side of the car😂😂😂.

Even though the market has softened ever so slightly, I would expect and hope for this amazing example to bring top dollar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leucadian said:

Good looking car, but expect the $10,000 - $15,000 "911r Premium"

Just goes to show you, if you ever list a car on BaT, enlist the help of someone with a decent camera, who knows how to take good pictures.  

It helps, ALOT.

Jack Fahuna’s Polaris ‘74 tii that was for sale recently is unfortunately a perfect example of how not to present a nice car. While some might’ve griped about the big bumpers and stamped steel wheels, it’s Polaris and is pretty nicely restored. I imagine that it runs flawlessly as it’s been under his care.

If I wasn’t in Norcal, I would’ve gladly shot his car for him. Perhaps next time if he decides to advertise it again?

• Like 2

Thank you Jim and Dave for coming forward.  I'm sure your input, knowledge and expertise were greatly appreciated. 

And now to answer the initial question:  Name of the shop that did the work.  ??.

Mac