Steel wheel double check please.

irdave

So, my car is a little weird.  I'm thinking about some steel wheels.  I can run a 5x120, 15x8, ET20 Kosei K1 just perfect.  (I'm over the 16's- they're just too big for what I want right now. Tom, too, I'm sure they're perfect on your car, they just don't feel right from inside on mine.)

I found these... 5x4.75, 15x8 with 4 3/4" backspacing- which should land me 1mm from my known good fitment...  5x4.75 is 120.65mm, so I can't really see 0.65mm in diameter making a difference on the bolt circle.  Yes, they're lug centric.  They sell studs that fit the car and nuts to with the studs.  It seems like they've done this before, so I'd talk with them regardless.

Anybody want to blow this idea out of the water before I go too much further?  Corsa steelies are another option, providing a cool look, but not quite as gnarly as this.  :)

http://www.bassettwheel.com/images/58D53I.jpg

basset steel wheel.jpg

Edited by irdave

1 hour ago, 2002iii said:

According to multiple websites a 15x8 with 4.75" backspacing = et6 offset, so that's a 14mm difference.

You would need a 15x8 with 5.25" backspacing = et19

Or a15x7 with 4.75" backspacing = et19

That's why I brought it up- even on the Bassett site they confirm what you found.  Apparently my excitement got in the way.  Thanks.

58 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I think he has flares on his fenders that he wants to fill.

Yeah Tom, I do, but those 15x8" wheels at ET20 just barely don't rub.  But I get to use a z4 steering rack, so there's that.  :)

Thanks for thinking it through with me 'migos.

• Like 1

Dave, TR Motorsports C1 wheels also come in that size (15x8 et20 in 5x120)  They were popular like the Kosei K1s for track wheels. Also the new Sparco FF-1s come in that size.

FWIW, I saw this guy’s selling some C1s on R3V and the CCA classifieds… (no affiliation).

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/e30-classified-forums/for-sale-wanted/wheels-tires-for-sale-wanted/10025970-fs-8-tr-motorsport-15x8-wheels-5x120-5-lug-fitment

The 5x120.65 is a corvette PCD, but can fit BMW 5x120 okay btw…so you could even look for an old set of Cragar S/S or some slot mags… lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, visionaut said:

Dave, TR Motorsports C1 wheels also come in that size (15x8 et20 in 5x120)  They were popular like the Kosei K1s for track wheels. Also the new Sparco FF-1s come in that size.

FWIW, I saw this guy’s selling some C1s on R3V and the CCA classifieds… (no affiliation).

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/e30-classified-forums/for-sale-wanted/wheels-tires-for-sale-wanted/10025970-fs-8-tr-motorsport-15x8-wheels-5x120-5-lug-fitment

The 5x120.65 is a corvette PCD, but can fit BMW 5x120 okay btw…so you could even look for an old set of Cragar S/S or some slot mags… lol

T2, thanks.  I've got the Kosei's, and I have some Revolution RFX in about the same size- I'm just thinking about some steel wheels with lips, because they're fun...  But damn dude!  All 8 of those wheels for $500!  That's a pretty good deal.  Thanks.

And if I'm on stock brakes again, you know what that means?  RS's are back on the menu!  Too bad they're a bazillion dollars.  And I don't think they'd go that good on my car... (This is with the 16" RFX's.  I have a 15" set, too.  I might have a wheel problem.)

m2 paddleboard.jpg

50 minutes ago, irdave said:

And if I'm on stock brakes again, you know what that means?  RS's are back on the menu!  Too bad they're a bazillion dollars.  And I don't think they'd go that good on my car... (This is with the 16" RFX's.  I have a 15" set, too.  I might have a wheel problem.)

m2 paddleboard.jpg

If you have a car or wheel obsession, i recommend the Henry Ford Clinic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If you really want a steel wheel, grab a copy of Circle Track and start calling the wheel companies that

advertise there.

I think they can make you pretty much anything you want, BUT if someone's already ordered

a 5x120 pattern from them, they'll be set up to make them for less.

Bassett, Centerline, Diamond, Circle, etc, etc, etc.  The roundy- rounds use a LOT of wheels.

They're not all that heavy.  Because they are THIN!!!!

t

hasn't bent one, yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coloincaalpine said:

If you have a car or wheel obsession, i recommend the Henry Ford Clinic.

Danny talking about people having car obsession problems.  If you haven't been down to visit, y'all should make the pilgrimage.  It's, ahh, impressive. :)

• Thanks 1