1966 2000ti Race Car Just Sold on Bring A Trailer

It's too bad I didn't catch this one in time.

It sold for just over 15K. And, it was relatively lightly modified with the door glass and door panels still in place. 

It also has a CR transmission. 

I believe the 1966 2000ti is the only 2 Liter NK with the vertical tail lights and rear deck lid. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-bmw-2000ti-race-car/

Edited by Autostrada

• Carlos-Autostrada changed the title to 1966 2000ti Race Car Just Sold on Bring A Trailer
16 hours ago, kiva667 said:

I don’t know much about track car values but this sale price seems depressingly cheap. NKs never get any love.

Agreed, but it was poorly presented - a couple a grand and a few days spent sorting some issues and I think that would have fetched far more. The seats and standard width steels really let it down aesthetically, the knacked exhaust suggested there was more that had been neglected.

But it's gone to a new young enthusiast whose got a bargain - not often you hear that, so all good!

Nick

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 1:21 AM, NickVyse said:

Agreed, but it was poorly presented - a couple a grand and a few days spent sorting some issues and I think that would have fetched far more. The seats and standard width steels really let it down aesthetically, the knacked exhaust suggested there was more that had been neglected.

But it's gone to a new young enthusiast whose got a bargain - not often you hear that, so all good!

Nick

Right there with you. Super rare car here in the US with good bones, good story, but cosmetically a let-down. And that's why I bought it. 😁 Always wanted one and this was a really fair price IMO. Will be going straight to a shop for mechanical sorting, then (eventually) new interior, TISA steelies, etc... 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Back in 1983 I answered a classifieds ad for a set of Solex PHH40 carbs, manifolds and air cleaner. It was $100 for everything. I drove over the hill to a small Hollywood Bungalow where the guy had three 1800ti cars. Two of them were in the driveway. You had to step on to the hood of the car to get into the house through the side door. The guy sold me a carb set for $100 and threw in an 1800ti, minus the head. The car was solid with the Red and black vinyl interior in excellent shape. "I need this out of my driveway. If you can get it out of here, you can have it along with the title" he said. I didn't have space for it, but he gave me the front seats. That's when I found out the NK seats don't fit 02s. I gave the seats to a friend who owned a red Olds Cutlass. And, he bolted them in there, somehow. As I started looking around I found plenty of NKs for under $1,000, including a 1966 2000ti in Bristol during the early 90s. A fire in Pasadena burned a lot of homes including the seller's. His garage and cars were saved, though. And, he was selling his ti for $900. It was sad. I told the the car to keep his car and walked away. I've never seen that car again. If somebody local bought it, I would have seen it by now.