Hotel for SoCal Vintage

steve k.

• Administrators

It looks like our trusted hotel for the SoCal vintage will not be open this year, so we need to find a new location. Needs to be near Woodley Park, must have parking, should have bar.

Anyone in the area know of anything?

A quick search showed this place

https://www.hotelmariposala.com/

It is $167 per night + Tax through  https://www.hotels.com/ho1174895200/?q-check-in=2021-11-05&q-check-out=2021-11-07&q-rooms=1&q-room-0-adults=2&q-room-0-children=0

Anyone have any other ideas?

steve k.

14 minutes ago, 1936spyder said:

Eric’s going with the Hilton Garden Inn in Calabasas. While it’s about 20 minutes away, it’s right off 101 and the area looks very nice (i.e. safe) as it’s right by the city hall, library, a Mercedes dealership, etc…

I just stayed at this hotel last weekend for a wedding and it was indeed a nice area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone needs an 02 friendly place to stay in the South Bay of LA, my folks rent a little suite off the back of their house. There's active construction going on next door but the neighborhood is very safe. My 02 was parked outside there for at least a decade. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1936spyder said:

Eric’s going with the Hilton Garden Inn in Calabasas. While it’s about 20 minutes away, it’s right off 101 and the area looks very nice (i.e. safe) as it’s right by the city hall, library, a Mercedes dealership, etc…

Calabasas is a nice and clean area. Just next to the 101 Freeway there is a little historic section which includes one of the original homesteads with a petting zoo for the kids, the Leonis Adobe Museum. And, next to that is the large Sage Brush Cantina with very large indoor and outdoor areas for entertainment and dining. There is usually  live music and and it is very reasonably priced with a "South West- Mexican" menu.  This is not some over-priced and trendy Hollywood "Hipster" establishment. But, it is friendly and down to to earth.  Take one of the Canyon routes through the hills and you're at the Pacific Ocean and Malibu.

Previously you stayed in the Valley Village area, which is also nice. Just down the road is Toluka Lake, Studio City and Burbank, which are likewise clean and nice. Downtown Burbank has a nice outdoor mall with plenty of shops and restaurants all in walking distance from the main hotels  There is even a Brewery , Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, But, there are also a couple of micro-breweries nearby within 2-4 miles including Golden Road Brewery, Lincoln Brewery. The micro-breweries are family friendly and open til 12:00PM. If in Burbank, I'll  share some "Grog" with you and "Slavs"of all people.

Both, Calabasas and Burbank are about 10 miles from the meet. 

Do I sound like a tourist guide ?

-Milo

Edited by Autostrada

For those chiming in from Southern California, all good news-thanks very much! My wife and I will be staying there as well as Eric Friis and whomever he’s going down with. It’ll be great to get a headcount soon. I presume that most everyone else heading down with us will be staying there now hopefully???