Any way to make Malaga "Pop"?

I know there are may be no correct answers. But I am looking for ideas. 

Promised my brother in law who "gave" me a car( that is not even close to free to make it suitable to drive..for his sister.)

His single request on passing on his 2002 was "Don't change the color". 

A promise I intend to keep...sorta. Car is in for a respray following me getting hit from behind. 

I have seen some variations of Malaga on this site called "Metallic Malaga" which I find intriguing. Any ideas on what color scheme that actually is? I am seeing a lot more of the old "Candy Apple Red" on some new cars these days. I like how it can really shine,  but the red doesn't look dark enough for my taste . I am looking something that will give the Malaga color a bit more punch...but not cheesy. 

Any Ideas? 

I mean the color looks so good on its own but if you were to want to make it pop you can add some color flake you can get it in almost any color  so a complimenting flake shouldnt be hard to find

Personally i love the color combos here the gold wheels make the malaga look so much better

Screenshot_20210913-171549_Instagram.jpg

• Like 4

A good paint correction (including a professional polish of course) after it has fully cured should work wonders. That followed by a couple layers of wax should make it look very deep, rich and glossy. A ceramic pro coating will also add depth and clarity but I don’t know if you want to spend that kind of money.

Making sure all of the trim is in very good or new condition will provide contrast as well. And, as others have mentioned, gold wheels do work well with that color. I’m not personally a fan of gold wheels but as I own a Sahara car and have owned a Malaga 02 as well, it really helps.

Malaga is a really handsome color, as evidenced by how many folks seem to love it these days!

My suggestion: 2 stage paint, some pearl in the clear coat, ceramic coating.

Also, make sure to test color samples applied to a form before you decide. Buy some of these below and have your paint guy do some test spray outs with variations of pearl in the paint and/or in the clear. Then pick the one you think pops best. 

Eastwood 8 in. X 4 in. Steel Speed Shape With E Coating Customize Project With Colors And Effects Touch Up Automotive Paint https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PWDZF69/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_78ZK4WH7YFBR9AM5G9B0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Teelinger
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, scatman75 said:

I mean the color looks so good on its own but if you were to want to make it pop you can add some color flake you can get it in almost any color  so a complimenting flake shouldnt be hard to find

Personally i love the color combos here the gold wheels make the malaga look so much better

Screenshot_20210913-171549_Instagram.jpg

Yes. That is the pic that convinced me to go with the euro bumpers (mine is a 75)  and edit the knee trim. Love the wheel$. But can't afford those just yet. (Funny my brother in law also stated. "You know there are some gold wheels out there that look really good with that color."

New stainless steel euro bumpers and waist trim ordered.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scatman75 said:

I can say Ive seen fastricky's car and it truely looks amazing

Thx! That was before the ceramic coating which I just got last week... I am full in on the value of a c.coat. Bird droppings, bugs, gas all just flick off with no trace. No need to race and wash the car after a long drive fearing bugs will ruin the paint. 

Edited by fastricky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1