SOLD Quick Ratio Steering Box Feeler- All internals are new.

Price: $3000

Description:

This is a completely rebuilt Quick Ratio box, using new parts. The box's plate is a standard plate, not stamped 177, but that wasn't a priority. My focus was to build a solid QR box for my race car. As discussed in other threads about using QR boxes in street cars, it's not really suggested since it takes a bit more effort, especially in a slow moving car.

This is my backup box, and my current box works so well (identical to this one) that I don't see a need for this one anytime soon.

"New" boxes don't go on sale, so pricing is tough. If no takers at the asking price, you're welcome to make an offer through PM. This is a professionally built steering box, guaranteed to perform as advertised.

727E23C1-8B39-41DC-915F-3BE8A6FB3D78.jpg

1917C3A2-B76B-403D-8162-74B3F3AD85D8.jpg

D751B7EE-11BD-4F17-83D7-56CE0AB7AF5C.jpg

12 minutes ago, shermanmartinez said:

Interesting, did somebody have NOS parts, specifically the worm and roller that you acquired to rebuild the box? Unless ZF reproduced those parts again in the last 10 years that would be the only way you could rebuild the box.

See this, Sherman:

https://www.iemotorsport.com/product/quick-ratio-steering-box-kit-2002/

I'm reasonably-certain the kits were manufactured by CHS:

https://www.chsauto.com/eng/empresa.php

Based on my experience and inquiries, there are not many folks or shops with the tools / patience / determination to replace the 'long' brass shaft bushings. The pin for the roller isn't a cake walk, either. -KB

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shermanmartinez said:

Interesting, did somebody have NOS parts, specifically the worm and roller that you acquired to rebuild the box? Unless ZF reproduced those parts again in the last 10 years that would be the only way you could rebuild the box.

IE makes new internals. Most likely where they were obtained. Retail for about $550. Maybe another couple hundred in labor. 

1 hour ago, kbmb02 said:

Based on my experience and inquiries, there are not many folks or shops with the tools / patience / determination to replace the 'long' brass shaft bushings. The pin for the roller isn't a cake walk, either. -KB

Hence the reason it’s not being given away. I’m one of those folks.