Touring fuel sender

70fever

According to the factory parts book, the Touring gas tank sender unit, p/n 62 16 1 352 848 is unique to the Touring--1600/1800/2000 so you're SOL as far as interchangeability with another '02 model goes.  Since the Touring was never imported to the US, you may have more luck finding one from a source in Europe:  W&N, Jamic etc.   They don'[e go bad often, so a used one should work for you.

What is wrong with yours?  If it's not functioning properly,  there may be an accumulation of varnish on that hair-thin resistance wire that the float rides up and down on.  The gauge is actually an ohmmeter, and resistance at the terminals should vary from 5 ohms with a full tank to 75 ohms empty.  It doesn't take much crud on those wires to cause a faulty (or no) reading.  The wire can be CAREFULLY cleaned with a cotton swab dipped in lacquer thinner.  If the wire is broken, it can be replaced with wire of the same resistance--5 ohms to the inch IIRC.  There should be several articles in the archives that deal with dismantling and repairing those senders; check yours out, let us know whatcha find (pictures would help) and we'll try to help.

cheers

mike

Mine was in very bad shape. I first thought it's compatible with all models , so i threw it away while restoring body paint process. 😭 😭 I tried Jaymic and Walloth , but there was  no sign even a used one. Any possible way to modify? or i'll have to wait and watch it on ebay?

Best Regards.

Short of finding one about the only other option I can think of would be to find the OD of a standard sender, find a identical piece of tubing, fabricate a longer tube along with a longer center post, and restoring it with the appropriate value resistance wire - non trivial.