• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Halooo Moderator…

Gh356

Very frustrated.  A part popped up in the for sale section that I need.  I was the first to respond, but the stinkin site wouldn’t put my response through saying my email was registered to another user.  The part sold a few minutes later.  Really annoying.  

Will do.  Thanks.  Posted in the general discussion for two reasons: have others had the same issue - and if so, what can be done? And, it’s not easy to find a direct contact link to the moderator. 

• Confused 1

Gh56,

Welcome to the group.

This 20-year-old, well-respected, and widely known site is not a "stinkin site".  Did you ever consider an alternative to your first post?  Perhaps, "Hello.  How do I contact the moderator of this site?  Thanks for your help.."

Larry Gray

• Thanks 1

You'll find that the parts will find you when the time is right, for example I've been searching softly for a set of shocks to complete my Alpina suspension when out of the blue a friend and board member offed up a set. 

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

6 hours ago, Gh356 said:

Very frustrated.  A part popped up in the for sale section that I need.  I was the first to respond, but the stinkin site wouldn’t put my response through saying my email was registered to another user.  The part sold a few minutes later.  Really annoying.  

Thug life...

Thank you all for your kind suggestions, and apologies for my abrupt post.  Having bought several parts from other members in the past, it was a surprise when the system wouldn’t let me respond saying that my email was already in use by another member.  I appreciate the expert knowledge and judgement free resources that exists on the FAQ and promise to keep my inner thug on a short leash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 2002#3 said:

"Hello.  How do I contact the moderator of this site?  Thanks for your help.."

Larry, that's so simple, polite and devoid of emotion. It's perfect, too perfect. I'm certain you're not from the Balkans or Southern Europe.  

If I spoke like that, I either got a lobotomy  or took "Lrxapro" as prescribed by Esty.

I don't know, Larry, maybe I can learn something here, after all.

Edited by Autostrada

11 hours ago, Mike G said:

Hey look Slavs is back. 

I don't know what's worse, Esty's "lexapro" or Slavs' "Laxative" prescription.

Can you imagine, if an FAQ member took "lexapro", they would probably paint smiley faces on their 02's and wear smiley face T-Shirts while walking around with a smile telling everybody "Have a Nice Day". This would kill me. It'would be tantamount to working as a receptionist at Walt Disney or some other big corporate entity like BMW.  Can it get more fake and superficial ? But, if you live in the Bay Area, there is no way of escaping the gloom. The fog almost always rolls in by noon. And, no amount of "Lexapro"would help. Slavs is from SoCal. Can you imagine if he was from  the Bay Area. In addition to the weather, the provincial Yuppies up there would drive him "Mad". Many of them, though, escaped the gloom and confines of "Frisco" to the safe haven of Lake Tahoe to ride out the "Pandemic". Oh ! they really hate it when you use "Frisco". That's when their fake smile turns into a frown, quickly as they prefer to enunciate the full name "San Francisco". 

And, then imagine the alternative where everybody was chewing laxatives. It would be Montezuma's revenge on a grand scale.  San Francisco's antiquated sewers would clog again like they did when they took initiative to be the first city in the nation to mandate low flush toilets, ten years ago. They then spent millions pouring in chemicals and cleaning out the liquid manure.

I don't think either alternative is very good. 

In the old days when  I needed parts, I just went to the Self service junk yards. Now, you have to deal with these websites, high prices, FAQ personalities  and "Administrators" etc. It's taken a lot of fun out of the equation unless you have the $$.

Don't worry about contacting the "Administrator". He is the "Big Brother", Hocky brute turned "Teddy Bear" looking over the rest of us, if you want to believe that. But, I personally think he's a "Brutus". 

Edited by Autostrada

1 hour ago, Autostrada said:

In the old days when  I needed parts, I just went to the Self service junk yards. Now, you have to deal with these websites, high prices, FAQ personalities  and "Administrators" etc. It's taken a lot of fun out of the equation unless you have the $$.

But, I personally think he's a "Brutus".

Very unfortunate that someone believes the 02, which we all admire here, belongs in the junk yard only for the hopes of the lucky few who still own one, to rob parts for what we need to keep it on the road. How convenient. I agree with you, it was fun to come across the very few 02's at the yard back in the day and find what you needed maybe after a few trips there. Either to collect as back up bits or to replace broken bits, but there is something to appreciate when we just don't see them much anymore in that light. That is where the value is not being seen, sad.

Now that we are "off topic" and name calling individuals, can this move there too.

To answer the original topic, your issue could of been addressed by either contacting the admin directly or posting in off topic. No problem, we are here for the most part to help everyone.

Moe

SIGSTUFF2.jpg

Proud Member #190 since 2003.

2 hours ago, MOESPEED2002 said:

Very unfortunate that someone believes the 02, which we all admire here, belongs in the junk yard only for the hopes of the lucky few who still own one, to rob parts for what we need to keep it on the road. How convenient.

For your information, the NK and the 02 were mass produced. And, mass produced cars end up as "Junk" at the yards. I recognized early that these were unique cars. If I had the means I would have saved every 02 and NK car I came across at the yards. But, I didn't, because I was a starving student. 

For a 20 year old student the yards were very convenient as they were for someone who didn't have the $$. So, now we should bow to the 02 and jack up its prices for the few able to own them and the rest to bow before them ? I'm glad I don't have to deal with most of the madness as I have enough parts for the car to last the rest of my life. 

I rescued an aluminum bodied 1961 Lancia  Flavia Sport Zagato from Pick Your Part for a mere $600. It is mostly complete, no major body damage, all glass intact, and actually runs. The restored examples sell for about $100K. But, I wouldn't pass it on to the Yuppies, even if they offered me $200K.  

Edited by Autostrada