Wanted a 1974 2002tii Motor

It's all about the logistics. Where are you at? I have a running engine that I took out back in 2014, It has everything but the exhaust manifold to go with it. Have to figure out how to do a compresion test on a stand. PM me if close by and interested. I'm in NJ.

• Like 1

A tii motor from 72-74 is the same except that 74 Kugelfisher injection pump had a slightly different fuel delivery curve due to more stringent emissions.  My 74 tii has a 72 tii motor (2762096) in it along with the 72 FI pump. I still have my 74 tii FI pump in my parts stash. My 72 tii motor was rebuilt to Euro tii spec (9.5:1 comp ratio pistons) and nothing else (stock cam) 18 years ago, no regrets. 

13230174_1405865609430962_7939840583216488232_n.jpg.71384e6e9da9f1c861ceb5924a2b3d3a.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gordon said:

A tii motor from 72-74 is the same except that 74 Kugelfisher injection pump had a slightly different fuel delivery curve due to more stringent emissions. 

The '74 engine also has a vacuum-retard distributor, as opposed to the mechanical-only models on the earlier versions.  Plus a little bracket/contraption on the air cleaner housing that is associated with that vacuum signal.    

3 minutes ago, Gordon said:

no regrets.

Do you ever regret removing the big bumpers?  :D  

Tom

• Like 1

15 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Do you ever regret removing the big bumpers?  :D  

Tom

Yes, I regret that I waited so long (2010) to convert from those fugly diving boards to Euro bumpers and delete the US spec side marker lights/reflectors.  😄

Edited by Gordon