Monterey weekend

• Administrators

My Monterey historic weekend is usually about the same every year. It was a bit special this time around. Possibly because I have not seen many of you in 2 years, maybe it was because this was the first time I took the 1800 to be judged or may be because the NK and I were part of prime time news in Monterey, or may be because my daughter was able to make it to Legends of the Autobah and Laguna Seca.  We got to talk to Jim and Steve about their 2002 and NK that are racing this weekend. And hand with Mark and Carl.and the Elva. Tom, this time.around was talking Porsches.

I did not take any photos, so I am hoping some others will chip in. 

The awards ceremony consisted of the announcers naming FAQers to come up and get their Triphies. That was very exciting to see. All of us still need lessons from Art, Bill, Camoron, Mike, and Lisa on how to clean cars. They all took Firt place in their class. Wendell, Norm, and I took second in our respective classes. It was easier for me as there were only 2 cars in Vintage class.

20210813_125027.jpg

20210813_131533.jpg

signal-2021-08-14-091828.jpg

signal-2021-08-14-091828 (1).jpg

20210815_093944.jpg

For those who want to see the NK on the Top Story in the evening new in Monterey see https://www.ksbw.com/article/legends-of-the-autobahn-car-week-show-off-cars-from-different-generations/37309245

Steve K.

P.S. there was also a lot of alcohol consumed at the FAQ camp sight at turn 10 ;)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Was there on Sat only, Had the usual run in with much of the regulars. Always a fun time to see Mr. Huff and then find out he is out rocking the track in a NK. And then get yelled at and told to stay away from the uptight owner of a 2002 with a formula 2 M10.  Y'All know who I mean.  

Edited by conkitchen
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, steve k. said:

20210813_125027.jpg

I'll be honest, the touring body has never really done it for me even though I way prefer a hatch to a trunk, but what is this?! That's a great looking car.  Like, really, great car.  I didn't know box flares on the touring was a thing.  Those are special for the touring though? Just, wow.  I'm glad you had a nice time Steve, and thanks again for everything, but thank you for showing me that car.  Wow.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, irdave said:

I'll be honest, the touring body has never really done it for me even though I way prefer a hatch to a trunk, but what is this?! That's a great looking car.  Like, really, great car.  I didn't know box flares on the touring was a thing.  Those are special for the touring though? Just, wow.  I'm glad you had a nice time Steve, and thanks again for everything, but thank you for showing me that car.  Wow.

That is Alex's car. As far as we know there are two that we have seen with these type of flares. A lot of work was done to blend things. Check the tail.

Sorry I missed out on this one. Looks like an amazing time to get together and catch up on shenanigans.

Steve, that is a solid beard my friend! Congrats on the award. 

@irdave, here is a link to more about those tourings.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2019/04/the-bmw-touring-brothers/

Cheers

Moe

Edited by MOESPEED2002

13 hours ago, conkitchen said:

Was there on Sat only, Had the usual run in with much of the regulars. Always a fun time to see Mr. Huff and then find out he is out rocking the track in a NK. And then get yelled at and told to stay away from the uptight owner of a 2002 with a formula 2 M10.  Y'All know who I mean.  

You must have been a bad boy?  Only one person I know of with F2 M10 in a 2002.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, NeueKlasseGuy said:

Steve-  thanks for coming by the paddock. It was nice to finally meet you. 

The pleasure was all mine!!  I hope, one day you will let me look at that car on the lift. There are way too many cool things that are not visible with it on the ground :)

steve k.