• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint code sticker placement.... (PIC)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ptii3.jpg

URL: http://206.152.191.113/bas/assets/paintsticker.jpg

Has anyone ever seen the paint code sticker in this placement before? (passenger side inner fender, just behind nose panel).

Reason I ask... is this is how my sticker is on my 1973 02. No evidence of repaint, besides repaired dents and some damage on the tail. Its been totally stripped, and there's only the original layer of paint on the whole car, except for the mentioned repaired areas.

Its just one of those little mysteries, if anyone has any info they could shed that'd be great.

Guest Anonymous

Mine is exactly in the same place. Since I will be repainting the engine bay, let me know where you end up getting the sticker,

Robert, also 73 Verona

Guest Anonymous

wow. mine's where I've always seen them (until

today)... nearer the passenger side firewall. reckon

what this means? my '76 was there as well.

interesting.

Brent

'71 Saharusty

Guest Anonymous

between the passenger side strut cap and firewall right below the 2002tii/2002 vehicle capacity/designated seating capacity/cold tire inflation pressure/for load up to 3 persons/ for max. loaded vehicle weight/ recommended tire size sticker (wwhheeewww!!)

I bought the sticker kit from La Jolla Independent for (I believe) $35 two years ago. I haven't yet installed the new stickers to the engine bay. When you order your sticker kit for your year/model you also get one for your exterior color. I also got a sticker pertaining to the air-conditioning system (nice). Including the 3 stickers mentioned above I got a total of 12 stickers. I got two of the same "vehicle capacity,..." sticker (included in the 12). I dont know if this is normal or if an extra copy was accidently placed in my order. I think someone in the past told me that La Jolla Independent has the exact locations for each sticker. Wouldn't this be a great tie-breaking question in a 2002 Festwest 02 trivia contest????? I hope this info helps someone out. I'm out.