Tii throttle body frozen

So I'm pulling apart my '74 tii engine which has been sitting for many years. The throttle body appears to be frozen, something I haven't seen before. For the life of me, I cannot get the internal throttle butterfly to move.  It has been about 15 years since my last tii, so maybe I'm missing something? The throttle body has been removed , so it isn't hanging up on any linkage.  I have been soaking it with PB Blaster for a couple of days and still can't get it to budge.  Should I remove the butterfly and try to drive the shaft out and clean everything up? Any ideas would be welcome.

I guess you have opened the tuna can and are manipulating the actual throttle spindle & not the cam spindle?? Anyway...before getting too heavy into dismantling, try a few heat cycles...throw it in the freezer overnight and then use an oven to gently warm it to ~200F...at same time adding some more penetrating oil....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dlacey said:

I guess you have opened the tuna can and are manipulating the actual throttle spindle & not the cam spindle?? Anyway...before getting too heavy into dismantling, try a few heat cycles...throw it in the freezer overnight and then use an oven to gently warm it to ~200F...at same time adding some more penetrating oil....

Yep, I'm trying the actual throttle not the cam.  I'll try the freezer overnight and the oven in the morning.

+1 for heat, and I'd not hesitate to use a

paintstripping heat gun on the housing, as long

as there aren't any plastic pieces to melt.

Heat and cool, heat and cool, and you don't have to

let it 'heat soak' very long.  I used an out- of- spec

CO2 extinguisher at work a few times- bonus!

It's the transitions we're using to break things loose.

Penetrating oil while doing this is stinky, but seems to help, too.

It's the aluminum oxide that needs to be cracked loose,

and that stuff is HARD!

t

takes apart hydraulic cylinders with acetylene and a VERY big pipe wrench