eWorld Turbo Manifold

I bought this out of curiosity because it’s relatively low profile compared to what I usually see. Seems ideal for a small turbo setup without cramming everything in there. The welds are not amazing but do look pretty thick and it looks like they cleaned it up with maybe a die grinder. The tube is pretty thick and the flanges are way thicker than the stahl flange. I think this might be a bit tougher than the really cheap turbo header that one mainly finds on ebay. Anyone tried this one yet?

816F8E9A-E029-4933-8FC2-42B1764ECD2F.jpeg

F12BB7A2-5A9F-43E2-A820-8CAEA5A4CA6C.jpeg

C58D9B4B-EFB8-46EB-9768-3A8C86D2D23B.jpeg

42F88055-7A50-46B2-864C-ADAD7A9337AE.jpeg

Not sure, but looks like that definitely could be the case… the holes are bigger than the stock ones from what I can see though so there’s some room to play with alignment. The washers may end up holding on by just the outer edges, too, and may not need grinding.

5 minutes ago, flagoworld said:

… the holes are bigger than the stock ones from what I can see though so there’s some room to play with alignment. T

The '02 turbo head had M10 studs on the exhaust side & later they added a further bracket/stay to support the weight of the turbocharger dangling on the end of the manifold.

Aaah! Those old turbos were a bit heavier right? I recall them being quite beefy back then and not very efficient. I also was thinking I may add a support bracket from thr T4 flange to a couple of the valve or timing cover bolts for good measure.

1 hour ago, Son of Marty said:

I agree on the welds especially the tube to tube welds look like the bead was laid on top of the metal with little or no penetration same for the flange to tube to a lessor degree. Jim's spot on with the bead interfering with the nuts.   

I dunno these look fully penetrated to me…

Also, m8 nutz for reference

C6A61BD0-CE0C-4CB3-8F45-A389CCE6FC55.jpeg

3DD0C7CE-903C-4912-A270-A8B48E897BEF.jpeg

I was thinking of this one or the right looks like it really doesn't get into the tube much,  but it's mostly the tube to tube welds that look to be somewhat lacking. I'm glad the nuts fit that's a big plus.  But run it and see how it works.

Edited by Son of Marty
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

I was thinking of this one or the right looks like it really doesn't get into the tube much,  but it's mostly the tube to tube welds that look to be somewhat lacking. I'm glad the nuts fit that's a big plus.  But run it and see how it works.

Did you see in the pic where i posted inside looking at a tube-to-tube? The weld appears to have fully penetrated and is sticking several mm into the inside. It does not appear to have been fusion welded from the inside and this appears to be the penetration from the outside. Not an expert obv, let me know if im interpreting that wrong.

Edited by flagoworld

6 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

,No I didn't see that one, you have it in your hand so I bow to you. Like I said the only way to know for sure is to bolt it up and give it a try, worst that could happen is a little rewelding, but I hope not.

We shall see. Really curious to see how it turns out!

11 hours ago, flagoworld said:

I dunno these look fully penetrated to me…

Also, m8 nutz for reference

C6A61BD0-CE0C-4CB3-8F45-A389CCE6FC55.jpeg

3DD0C7CE-903C-4912-A270-A8B48E897BEF.jpeg

The stud center to center distance sets the proximity of the nut to the weld.  Setting a bolt in the hole on the loose doesn't confirm fit on the head.

Was the nut turned with a wrench to install the nut?  Threading a bolt thru a nut is different than a nut on a stud.  Check it out on a head.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dlacey said:

The '02 turbo head had M10 studs on the exhaust side & later they added a further bracket/stay to support the weight of the turbocharger dangling on the end of the manifold.

The turbo engine install has a snubber (small looking shock absorber) on the passenger side engine mount.  This dampens and lowers the vibration frequency of the engine that induces the shakes to the mass hanging out there on an exhaust manifold.

There have been other aftermarket turbo installs that have ended up with a cracked tube manifolds

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jimk said:

The stud center to center distance sets the proximity of the nut to the weld.  Setting a bolt in the hole on the loose doesn't confirm fit on the head.

Was the nut turned with a wrench to install the nut?  Threading a bolt thru a nut is different than a nut on a stud.  Check it out on a head.

Of course… Ill be testing IRL. That is with the bolt toward the inside of the hole and tightened by hand. A bushing of some kind may be necessary, or some clearancing of the weld there.

Sorry to burst your bubble but what you have is a cheap Chinese manifold that is sold on ebay. They are prone to cracking and the quality control is horrible, I doubt it will fit. I like how the "stainless steel" is rusted on the inside where they welded it. The welds look nice because they are done by a robotic welder.