6 weeks to MidAmerica

zinz

I think this is the one Jim is dragging me to, in Arkansas?  I just got the new, bigger injectors in- I was at about 91 percent injector duty cycle up here at altitude on the stock 240's, so bigger.  New coils for Coil On Plug showed up, and I really need to figure out how to get a radiator cap in my cooling system.  But planning on being there.

10 hours ago, irdave said:

I think this is the one Jim is dragging me to, in Arkansas?

Haha... Jim seems to be our lone Rockies representative, so I'm glad to see he will have a running mate for the drive.  Two S14s singing along sounds pretty good to me.

I think you will enjoy it, Dave.  Lots of good people and great roads for driving.  I'll bring the 2000CS for show and tell, along with a strong Texas contingent of 2002s.  We've been making a two day trip of it the last couple years, stopping in southern Arkansas overnight to be able to enjoy the best roads up through the Ouachita and Ozark National Forests.  

I'll be curious to see how many attend this year.

Ed

• Like 1

Going to The Vintage,  is a great event and didn't think wife and kid could hang for the classroom stuff.

Plus had reservations at Clarion already.   Was really torn on what to go too.  

Wanted to go and see all the 2002s and meet some good people. Hoping it's in the Spring next year.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, zinz said:

Haha... Jim seems to be our lone Rockies representative, so I'm glad to see he will have a running mate for the drive.  Two S14s singing along sounds pretty good to me.

I think you will enjoy it, Dave.  Lots of good people and great roads for driving.  I'll bring the 2000CS for show and tell, along with a strong Texas contingent of 2002s.  We've been making a two day trip of it the last couple years, stopping in southern Arkansas overnight to be able to enjoy the best roads up through the Ouachita and Ozark National Forests.  

I'll be curious to see how many attend this year.

Ed

I think the hotel sold out shortly after I got my room- like there was only one room left after me, so it should be pretty good.

I need to check with Jim about where we're planning on stopping for the night- making 2 days out of it as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So it turns out this was maybe a good thing for me- my coil-on-plug conversion has revealed some deficiencies somewhere in my system and hasn't been running correctly- I've about got Jim at wits end.  But that's actually what I'm good at- finding the limits of systems, so no surprise there!  😂

But that's caused the new radiator to go in.  And my fan started to commit seppuku, so new Spal high output fan to go in front of new Mishimoto e30m3 rad, modified for a filler with a cap, some new hoses.  Thinking about getting away from the m3 thermostat (which is a monster housing) to a regular 2002 thermostat- smaller, and I might pick a little lower opening temp.  Current m3 housing doesn't open if I don't set the fan temp really high.

As much as I would have loved to meet everyone, maybe next year would be better for me.  :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, irdave said:

I've about got Jim at wits end. 

Haha!  I find that hard to believe, but I'm glad to hear he is mere mortal like the rest of us.  Lots of respect for the both of you sorting out that car.  It's one thing when you built it yourself and know how things went together, it's so much more nightmarish when someone else did it...especially with a swap like yours. You'll sort it out soon enough.

• Thanks 1