If you have a rusty E28!

8 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

Delivery time 2 to 3 days. 11,866.87 us dollars.

That's including VAT, that we dont pay. It's under 10K plus shipping, which for an unnumbered Euro sllcktop NOS shell is totally worth it. VIN it as a '75 e12 and no smog in CA, guh zing!

Imho the e28 is one of the most under rated car in BMWS line up, the chassis is one of the stiffest BMW ever made and although it's no 02 handled well and was a great hi-way car, good a/c, good ride and seats and with the 3.5 m30 plenty of power. And you can work on it with out computer aid all the problems are well documented. I sure miss mine and I'm a dedicated 02 guy.

Edited by Son of Marty
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

the e28 is one of the most under rated car in BMWS line up

Totally!!

I drove an M5, was unbelievable for the time, my mates early 528i was a very nice car as well, don’t see many in Aus now.

• Like 1

I bought an '88 535i a few years back with only 60,000 miles on it.  It had been parked in a garage for over 12 years, undriven.  Since then, I've put over 30,000 miles on it.  It has been a love-hate relationship, but at the moment it is driving well.  I was ready to burn it to the ground last year chasing a fault in the Motronics. It was eventually solved with a new DME, but the journey was frustrating (having replaced the DME early on and it didn't solve the problem).

The M30 is a good engine, though I think the platform could use another 75-100hp; though I may put a 3.9 LSD in back to give it more zip around town. After that, forced induction would solve my lust for power 😁

02A92602-67C8-43A1-8846-706DA42337A7.jpeg

Edited by zinz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, zinz said:

I bought an '88 535i a few years back with only 60,000 miles on it.  It had been parked in a garage for over 12 years, undriven.  Since then, I've put over 30,000 miles on it.  It has been a love-hate relationship, but at the moment it is driving well.  I was ready to burn it to the ground last year chasing a fault in the Motronics. It was eventually solved with a new DME, but the journey was frustrating (having replaced the DME early on and it didn't solve the problem).

The M30 is a good engine, though I think the platform could use another 75-100hp; though I may put a 3.9 LSD in back to give it more zip around town. After that, forced induction would solve my lust for power 😁

02A92602-67C8-43A1-8846-706DA42337A7.jpeg

Love your car Ed! 

I know that road (I believe)...

~JasonP

• Like 1

Is this a one-of-a-kind NOS chassis — akin to the two NOS ‘02 chassis’ that reportedly sparked the creation of the “new 1972 tii” back in 2005-06? Or is W&N offering a modern e28 chassis in larger quantities?

Regards,

Steve