Picked Up the NOS 2 piece Dash for the Alpina

Picked this up yesterday and installing this weekend.    New in the box 2 piece dash.  Very happy to have found this as an addition for a special car. Found locally here in Colorado. A friend Brent Louzon has had it in his stash for many,many years and, offered it for the Alpina build.  Thanks Brent.

dq

IMG_4230.JPG

IMG_4231.JPG

IMG_4232.JPG

IMG_4234.JPG

• Like 11

Fantastic!  Congratulations. 

The additional beauty is the absence of the seatbelt warning sign hole.

Which Alpina model are you building?  Euro ti? tii? Neither would have had the seatbelt warning sign, AFAIK. 

To me, the dash looks so much better without that sign.

dash cu1.jpg

Enjoy the install. 

Edited by PaulTWinterton

As i'm a guy who isn't that good at taking care of a dash that nice what are you going to clean and protect it with? Man I remember when mine just had a narrow crack but like me it's really showing its age. Your cars gonna be really happy with that!

10 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Fantastic!  Congratulations. 

The additional beauty is the absence of the seatbelt warning sign hole.

Which Alpina model are you building?  Euro ti? tii? Neither would have had the seatbelt warning sign, AFAIK. 

To me, the dash looks so much better without that sign.

dash cu1.jpg

Enjoy the install. 

Paul,

dq is restoring an early U.S.-spec tii that was shipped to Alpina from the factory and modded by them. The car’s Alpina pedigree had been lost or forgotten somewhere in its history, and parts were being scattered from what appeared to be simply a tired 1972 tii. dq has been able to pull together many of these temporarily-lost parts. Great project: an extremely rare example of a U.S.-spec tii modded by Alpina! 

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those of you who don't like the FASTEN SEAT BELT sign atop your dash, removing it leaves a nice sized hole plus two screw mounting holes--just the thing to place a pod containing two or three extra gauges--oil pressure, oil temp, voltmeter or if you don't have a tii, an analog clock.  Much better location for gauges than the console, as you don't have to take your eyes off the road to glance at the gauges.   I did that on my '73 back in 1987 and it looks--and works--just fine.

mike

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

Any idea what mods Alpina added to the car?

At minimum, Alpina front and rear sway bars, 5-speed dogleg (I suppose it’s not possible, absent paperwork, to determine whether this was added by the factory or by Alpina), and Scheel seats. dq may know of more items by now.

As is typical of 1968-and-later Alpina-modded cars imported into the U.S., the engine appears to have been left alone to satisfy the emissions gods.

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice! You are definitely lucky.

Does a two piece dash require the windshield to be out? We all know about the one piece dash, but I don't know how it is on 2-piece dash?

@edgefinder for my crack free two piece dash I bought some dash / vinyl UV protectant of the brand "Koch-Chemie". I think they are German brand, approved by Daimler-Benz. But there are many choices like sprays and creams 

7 hours ago, Mike Self said:

For those of you who don't like the FASTEN SEAT BELT sign atop your dash, removing it leaves a nice sized hole plus two screw mounting holes--just the thing to place a pod containing two or three extra gauges--oil pressure, oil temp, voltmeter or if you don't have a tii, an analog clock.  Much better location for gauges than the console, as you don't have to take your eyes off the road to glance at the gauges.   I did that on my '73 back in 1987 and it looks--and works--just fine.

mike

What I do on some cars and by request is, reuse the original seat belt pod to add a bright oil pressure light by adding a brighter bulb, making a lens from an old square tail light then, just tap into the oil light wire.

dq

IMG_4240.JPG

• Like 1
4 hours ago, pehlivanov_tii said:

Very nice! You are definitely lucky.

Does a two piece dash require the windshield to be out? We all know about the one piece dash, but I don't know how it is on 2-piece dash?

@edgefinder for my crack free two piece dash I bought some dash / vinyl UV protectant of the brand "Koch-Chemie". I think they are German brand, approved by Daimler-Benz. But there are many choices like sprays and creams 

The early dashes snap in on the top so, the windshield does not have to be out, though, this one is already out for access purposes.

Thanks again for the Borrani/Alpina center caps they will be installed soon.

dq 

IMG_3905.JPG

• Like 2
1 hour ago, coloincaalpine said:

The early dashes snap in on the top so, the windshield does not have to be out, though, this one is already out for access purposes.

Thanks again for the Borrani/Alpina center caps they will be installed soon.

dq 

IMG_3905.JPG

WOW 🤤