My car is approaching the day of paint!  However, the body shop owner is having difficulty getting a mix of BASF paint, L-M, in 041 Atlantik.   I have requests to BASF for some help on getting this mixed.  I do not have a sample of the original paint to scan.  The last bit was sanded off by a body shop employee.  I either need to find a mix or get a sample of the color to scan.

Any help is appreciated.

go to lowes or home depot...pick a house paint chip, from the thousands of colors offered, that you like, as a match to the color you want then have the paint matched to that paint chip

PaintRef.com is a great resource. Filter by BMW, then any model year 1960>.

It shows three alternate paint color formulations for 041 Atlantik, used from 1968-1974.

PPG: 14149

DuPont: CG285

Acme Rogers: 91015

By example, this shows all colors from 1971.

https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplaym.cgi?manuf=BMW&con=m&year=1971&rows=50

I’m a fan of PPG paint myself…

Tom

• Like 2
2 hours ago, visionaut said:

PaintRef.com is a great resource. Filter by BMW, then any model year 1960

Yes, I found that and printed it out.  I wonder if L-M has a cross reference tool with these codes.  I am surprised that only Limco, BASF's 'economy' line is the only one with a formulation for 041.  I have emails to BMW Classic Group and BASF on this.

Alantik is one of the colors that appears different in different light, and somewhat different by year, Seeing as your painting your whole car just pick the brand your painter wants, and do buy the best paint they offer IMO it will make a difference in the finish because Atlantik is such a "deep" color. 

1 hour ago, David Layton said:

Yes, I found that and printed it out.  I wonder if L-M has a cross reference tool with these codes.  I am surprised that only Limco, BASF's 'economy' line is the only one with a formulation for 041.  I have emails to BMW Classic Group and BASF on this.

FWIW, I’m seeing Atlantic 041 available in Glasurit Line 22 and Line 90.

https://coloronline.glasurit.com/index.php?language=8

Edited by visionaut
You Are L…
On 7/21/2021 at 3:16 PM, visionaut said:

FWIW, I’m seeing Atlantic 041 available in Glasurit Line 22 and Line 90.

Pricey, $800 - $900 per gallon, but the only game in town for Nevada "001".

Mark92131