BMW at The Hillsborough Concours d’Elegance 7.18.21

• 1936spyder changed the title to BMW at The Hillsborough Concours d’Elegance 7.18.21

Wendel, I didn't know you were 1936spyder!

Of course we know one another. We chat often at the FAQ Cars and Coffee get-togethers.

John76.....John with a Fjord '76.

PS: Thank you for the lead on the glass guy. I need to replace my windshield seal.

Front Left 17.jpg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, steve k. said:

Saw that green beauty on the freeway, heading home, after the show.  It was hard to miss.

Steve K.

P.S. I might need to start bringing name tags to the NK&K

Yes, she mentioned that she drove it all the way to the show!

Hi John, I'm not a full-time frequenter of these pages but saw your car from a previous year and I freely admit to being encouraged to enter the event for the experience because of that.  Also saw the several strings of somewhat negative comments about these kinds of events so was a little doubtful about posting here.  But surprise, surprise, at the end for me!  There was a robust little group of 2002's, tii's, and related models including a maroon-ish 1600 which I had never seen before.  A beautiful car.  So, the answer is, I do drive it, though not long distances.  Being a little (a lot?) OCD, I spent many a long hour cleaning 40 plus years of grime off the undersides, engine compartment, suspension, etc., trying not to alter the originality of the car (it's original except for the paint, OEM exhaust, and obvious replaceable items).  For me an enjoyable task, tho not for my wife...  Couple of items were restored due to corrosion - what do people do to their batteries...?!  I can find my way around British sports cars pretty well, but the  learning curve on the tii is something else (where IS that miss, why DOES that pop when it starts...??).  Thanks for the kind words.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, 02Anders said:

Lots and lots of eyecandy there!  Thx for sharing.
That 315/1 is just beyond fantastic!  The 507 is pretty special too.
I see Lisa was there with her Derby - for a second I thought it might have been my old '66... 😉
The Ceylon til is certainly lovely too.

Certainly! You saw my posts on IG of some other particularly tremendous cars there but I elected to not share them here as they weren’t BMWs…

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, 1936spyder said:

Certainly! You saw my posts on IG of some other particularly tremendous cars there but I elected to not share them here as they weren’t BMWs…

Yup, great pics both on IG and here...  👍