Factory replacement doors & fenders were once readily available. 20 years ago the fenders were about $120 / each and the doors were under $500 / each. And, now we have Taiwanese replacement sheet metal ?

I have plenty of factory doors I picked up at the salvage yards over the years. There is no apparent rust, but I know better when it comes to used doors. They will all develop rust bubbles along the bottom seam, eventually, usually within 10 years or a lot sooner. People have listed used doors on the internet for $300 - $500 / each. some with visible rust. And, that is a reflection of this 02 jingoism which some people are supporting and fueling.

I'm looking for factory NOS doors and fenders if anybody has any laying around. There is no substitute.

Thanks,

Slavs

My factory door and my new MVP door look identical side by side, yes it’s stamped with MVP under where the door card goes so no big deal. 
Any reason it needs to be a BMW door? The MVP ones are really very good.

2 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

I haven't taken a closer look at the MVP doors. But from the pics of the drivers side door  the holes for mounting the mirror are pre-drilled along with all the beltline trim holes. This is great and saves a lot of time. But, I wish they would have not drilled the doors for the mirror because that is not the mirror location for all 02s such as the 66-67. I suppose it's not that big of a deal to cover the holes, but it is annoying to have to do that as it requires a little bodywork.  I'll take  a closer look at the doors. Ireland Engineering, their distributor here in Southern California, is about 25 miles from me, not too far.  How's the gauge of the steel in comparison to stock doors ? Is it the same ?

4 hours ago, Slavs said:

How's the gauge of the steel in comparison to stock doors ? Is it the same ?

Yes, I was quite surprised, the gauge of steel is good, even the door handle pocket is really well formed.

I got mine from W&N, good price as the shipping is 75 euros flat rate. hth

17 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

My factory door and my new MVP door look identical side by side, yes it’s stamped with MVP under where the door card goes so no big deal. 

anyone selling new hoods and doors? Reproduction.  

6 hours ago, LbRex said:

anyone selling new hoods and doors? Reproduction.  

Yes MVP, hoods, doors, sill panels and trunks plus many more, have a look and see who your local reseller is

2 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

Yes MVP, hoods, doors, sill panels and trunks plus many more, have a look and see who your local reseller is

Contacted them and they where helpful with the intel. Thank you! 

• Like 1