Jump to content

Recommended Posts

by golly...that is a short intro...my suggestion since you are in Cali would be to wear your mask...the new covid strain is on the rise and if you didn't get your shot to do so...you can help save the world

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bavariaboy said:

More details. What are you looking at, budget, restoration candidate or turn key?

 

Steve

 

Thank you Steve. Appreciate your reply. Looking for a project car. Just beginning the process. Budget is open depending on the vehicle.  Have owned vintage bmw bikes, figured it was a good time to look into the vintage autos.

Year not dependent on much. Seems to be a few still around. Saw a blue square light at the grocery store a couple months back.  Wandering around this site. Classifieds next.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, esty said:

by golly...that is a short intro...my suggestion since you are in Cali would be to wear your mask...the new covid strain is on the rise and if you didn't get your shot to do so...you can help save the world

 

Okey dokey and thank you.  Appreciate the reply :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Mike Self said:

Lotsa Bay area 02ers available for advice--and possibly help.  Someone there may even know of the car you're looking at, so don't be shy about asking for help.

 

mike

Thank you very much Mike.  The short time here has indicated you are one of the more knowledgeable. Will reach out with questions as details are available.  Learning the nuances of this site first :)

Edited by BayArea2002SB
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure you'll be warned by other Californians, but beware of buying a '76.   They still fall under your draconian emission laws, and are the very devil (at least so I've heard) to get past the smog nazis without a great deal of teeth gnashing and $$$.  75 and earlier cars are exempt.  Most '76s in CA get sold out of state to folks with more sane emission laws...

 

mike

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BayArea2002SB said:

 

Thank you Steve. Appreciate your reply. Looking for a project car. Just beginning the process. Budget is open depending on the vehicle.  Have owned vintage bmw bikes, figured it was a good time to look into the vintage autos.

Year not dependent on much. Seems to be a few still around. Saw a blue square light at the grocery store a couple months back.  Wandering around this site. Classifieds next.

There's still plenty of 02's in the bay area, a lot are hidden away and only come out sporadically. 

 

If you want to see some check out the neu klasse and coffee in Los Gatos and the Brisbane show and swap in October.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mike Self said:

I'm sure you'll be warned by other Californians, but beware of buying a '76.   They still fall under your draconian emission laws, and are the very devil (at least so I've heard) to get past the smog nazis without a great deal of teeth gnashing and $$$.  75 and earlier cars are exempt.  Most '76s in CA get sold out of state to folks with more sane emission laws...

 

mike

 

50 minutes ago, 2002iii said:

There's still plenty of 02's in the bay area, a lot are hidden away and only come out sporadically. 

 

If you want to see some check out the neu klasse and coffee in Los Gatos and the Brisbane show and swap in October.

Thank you Mike good to know. No wonder seeing the 76 models advertised as they are.

 

Thank you 2002iii. May check those out at some point, at least to meet some of the locals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...