I have seen a number of comments from people throwing shade on the Beverly Hills Car Club.  They always seem to have multiple 02 listings on Hemmings and Classic Autotrader but the comments I have seen have made me a little wary of every thinking of dealing with them.  Are they not a reputable outfit?  Any insight on this outfit?  Thanks

There has been acres of discussion about BHCC on Pelican Parts. The conclusion is they get a ton of cars. Some are ok and decent finds, most are rusty heaps that look just ok.

The upshot is that if you find something you like at a decent price, make sure you do your due diligence 10 times over.

(if you're looking for a car, mine is available an already completed)

Edited by NYNick

Thanks NYNick, appreciate the insight. Some of the cars I have seen on there seem a little sketchy so the comments had me wondering.  I just bought a 74tii back in February of this year so I probably won't be in the market to buy another 02 for a couple of years but I am constantly looking and hey you never know I suppose if the right one comes along at the right price.   I would really like to have a roundie one of these days.  What car of yours is available?  Thanks again. 

5 hours ago, Charles in PA said:

Thanks NYNick, appreciate the insight. Some of the cars I have seen on there seem a little sketchy so the comments had me wondering.  I just bought a 74tii back in February of this year so I probably won't be in the market to buy another 02 for a couple of years but I am constantly looking and hey you never know I suppose if the right one comes along at the right price.   I would really like to have a roundie one of these days.  What car of yours is available?  Thanks again. 

Ha! Check my signature. Same as yours.

I was interested in a car they were selling through their Ebay store but I really don't trust anything coming from BHCC. The car was well priced but my suspicion was that there could be hidden issues given some of the cars I have seen on their site.

Thanks lewisfoto.  A few months back when I was in the market I saw a 73tii on BHCC that caught my eye until my mechanic ran down a long list of problems he thought lurking just looking at the photos.  I am not that expert nor a gear head so I have been trying to learn as much as possible, pick the brains of the experts here.  Thanks again.  Cheers, Charles

2 hours ago, Charles in PA said:

I am not that expert nor a gear head so I have been trying to learn as much as possible, pick the brains of the experts here. 

If you find a possibility on line, and if there are pictures, post the link here on the FAQ and wait for comments.  If it's a pig wearing lipstick, you'll get a lot of comments in a hurry--same thing if it looks good.  But nothing really substitutes for the Mark I eyeball, so if you're lucky you can find someone on the FAQ who's close enough, knowledgeable enough and willing enough to check it out in person for you.

One of our FAQ members was nice enough to do that for me when I spotted an E30 a thousand miles away, and I ended up buying it on his recommendation.  And it was a good car, too.

mike

• Like 1

Thanks Mike, good advice, appreciate it.  The FAQ community here has been great, really friendly folks who are happy to help, and very willing to share their knowledge and passion for these cars.  Have really enjoyed being a member.  Cheers!

With a more light-hearted response I'm posting the following 80s era take on Beverly Hills from those of us who have been living in the vicinity.

I don't like anything about Beverly Hills or Century City. Twenty years ago I drove a friend (a retired airline pilot) to the Ferragamo shoe store on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. I drove my freshly painted Granada Red 1969 1600. I could care less for those uncomfortable shoes as I always wore Doc Martins back then. He dropped $600 on a pair of ankle high boots and put them in my trunk. I locked it and we then drove off to the Century City Mall nearby where I parked. After we returned to the car I noticed that a thief had drilled through both, the drivers side door lock and the trunk lock to gain access to the interior and trunk. They took the shoes. It's pretty scary to know that somebody must have followed us from the Ferragamo store to where we parked.

For those of us who are familiar with Beverly Hills, it has nothing cool to offer.