"Greenhouse" issues....any ideas?

Driving back from the Oregon coast. It again became obvious when my poor pup...Buster was roasting in the back seat as the setting sun was turning the cab into an oven. The ICEAir AC was doing its best, but really just cooled off the front two seats (mostly my right hand and shift knob).

So......Any Ideas? 

Should I try and tint the windows? Please inform me of any tint that doesn't do the cheesy bubble wrap appearance after some time.

I hate to show my age...Louvers? anyone? anyone?

Bueller? 

Cheers! 

Ceramic window tint helps block heat from the sun and comes in clear if you don’t like the look of tinted windows. You won’t have bubbles if professionally installed. 

• Like 3

I don’t think even the blueish windows sold for our cards cut much UV, I’d go with a high quality tint, I did see a really nice greyish tint a while ago and I really dislike tint, but this was nice, might be 3M?

Edited by SydneyTii
  • Like 1

Tint is the way to go, it really works by cutting that infrared heat. Tinting an old car is more or a challenge than normal, because the glass is difficult to clean. Spend some effort on glass prep and a tint will work fine for many years.

• Like 2

Have had both of my 2002's tinted up here in Colorado, makes all the difference.  I still don't take the dog on the really hot days (over 90 or 95), but everything else is fine.  Apparently don't have to go super dark to get the benefit, it just looks cooler.  :)

And to be fair, we tint everything.  That mile of atmosphere really makes a difference.  And the tint really makes a difference.

• Like 1

Read up about 3M Crystalline, you can get a lot of heat rejection with very little color change to the windows. Cool Stuff!

Edited by Lorin
  • Like 3

Fill a garbage bag with ice and lay it on the back seat.

(I'll get the 3M ceramic tint one day.)

(Again my suspicions wrt ICEAC are confirmed)

Cheers,

I’m with Toby - use the front vent windows to scoop in air (open past 90 deg) and pop open the rears for max flow-through. It can make a world of difference, if it’s not stop-and-go traffic. 

If pupper prefers the rear seat, a mat/cushion with some air flow might help, and maybe a temp rear window shade if it’s in direct sunlight.

Last thought -  get one of those wick-cooling towels for doggo (the kind you snap to cool) - surprisingly they’re really effective.

Edited by visionaut
16 minutes ago, visionaut said:

I’m with Toby - use the front vent windows to scoop in air (open past 90 deg) and pop open the rears for max flow-through.

I used to do that until the wing window scooped in a big hornet that landed on the underside of my forearm.  It nor I wasn't happy.

• Haha 5