• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New NeueKlasse 2000 owner guide

Hey everyone! 

Marc from Perth, Western Australia here, and I’ve just embarked on my nk2000 project journey. I’ve always been into old motorbikes and this is my first vintage car, I have to say the people I’ve spoken to so far with NK ownership have been absolutely amazing and helpful. The car is running it’s stock m10 with 4 speed, but brakes need full replacement. What I find more amusing with Neue Klasse is that you either know nothing about the car or it’s existence, or you’ve owned multiple haha. I’ve heard getting parts is pretty tricky with its scarcity, and I’m not the most car mechanically sound, so I’m sure you guys will be hearing more from me. I apologise and thank you in advance! 

Golden question, anyone from Australia here?? Give me a shout on my newly created Instagram neueklasse2k ? 

F8C6AEFA-B415-42D3-89EF-38EEBD46C832.jpeg

563DB3F7-7EA6-4679-BF36-ECF91E389D1B.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Marc, welcome! 

Parts for the drivetrain are easy to get because most of it is identical to the 02. It only gets tricky if you need trim or body panels.

And window seals. Good luck getting those...

Since your car is the later version with the dual circuit brakes, the master cylinder is identical with the one used in the 2002 Tii and the 2800 CS. The calipers are also the same as 2002 Ti and Tii. Rebuild kits are out there as well as refurbished calipers.

You can get new rotors from Stefan Ries in germany. https://shopware.bmw-oldtimerteile.de/en/

All the parts for the rear drum brakes including stainless steel brake hoses are available from W&N. https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/?___store=eng&___from_store=ger

I'm not entirely sure if you can get all those parts from the US. I'm only familiar with the german vendors.

Hope this helps and good luck with your project. You'll find out quickly how great these little cars are. Easy to work on and great to drive!

• Thanks 1

Beautiful car!!!  One of my favorites!

There's quite a few Aussies on the main 2002 discussion pages, I'm not sure how often they visit the NK pages, though.

Best of luck on the repairs,  I'm sure you'll be able to sort out the brakes in no time.

Ed Z

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

The good news is that you don’t have to be a mechanic to keep an NK on the road.  With the help of Midnight Motorsports in Seattle, and now with Strebor Automotive here in Victoria BC, I’ve kept my car on the road for almost 11 years with only very minimal mechanical abilities. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

Edited by kiva667

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All! 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I’ve managed to source most of the parts for the brakes from jaymic and local shop G-Spec is helping me out with the process! Finally took out the sheepskin and thank goodness the seats are alright haha. Will update when the brake parts are here ?

7214141B-5C02-4E28-A4DE-F23828BF8992.jpeg

B9C4468B-CDA9-44C6-BCCE-4C5014CA92DA.jpeg

DBE6E400-D595-4D6C-9755-8E00227DEDB7.jpeg