The first one I bought off eBay quite a few years ago.  Not sure what the mileage was.  I had it installed in my car for 1,400 miles.  It shifted fine through all the gears but had a rattle which I thought was “getrag rattle” especially since I was using a light weight flywheel.  I replaced it just in case it was something else (front layshaft bearing) and I did not want to do any further damage.  This would be a good core for rebuilding.

The second one I pulled from a 77 320i. The odometer was already pulled so no idea of the mileage.  Also no idea of condition.  I only cleaned it up and replaced the oil.  Before I removed it , I made sure it shifted through all the gears.  Yes I know 77s did not come originally with 5 speeds.

• Like 1

How does the primary shift rod look on the 77 (at point of exit in the rear). Any evidence of oil leak there?

How much do you want for this tranny? I presume logistics will be an issue, unless you have experience/ideas about how to ship it. The optimal approach would be to put it in a heavy box and strap it through the box to a mini-pallet.