I have a blank, nothing fancy, no folding, and wondering where to take it to get it cut. Can a locksmith cut it? I don't want to put it in the post with one of my two working keys. 

Steve

If you have a decent working key any good old fashioned key place should be able to make a working copy.  Have them cut it, try it out, go back and have them touch it up if it down work. Don't pay until it works!   I had a few copies made in mighty downtown Bellingham, they even had the blanks. 

Yes any place can cut it, but I would take it to a lock shop, any city will have one, rather than a big box or hardware store, they can run the machine but really have no skills with it.

As long as we're posting lock guy the op probably can get to Bellevue lock and key in the Fred Meyer parking lock is great has a million blanks and is conversant about any brand of lock.  

AF1QipPuVPj6hVKblW1h63P_0dOW7eHt6tVB0mfh

If it’s a steel blank, many places shy away from those.  I used to have a guy that would do it for double cost on an older machine.  Was worth it for me.  Sadly he sold out to one of the bigger companies, the one who said I was crazy and irresponsible bringing a steel blank into their shop.  

My local locksmith will not touch steel keys but the larger chain stores will. Our keys are a bit tricky for them to work with so make sure the person has some experience and confidence. About 6 keys cut in total for 3 different cars and all have worked perfectly.

At least in Colorado, Ace Hardware will not cut a blank that they don't stock by policy.  They stock ILCO blanks, but not the ILCO "BMW1" which fits our cars and they can't get it. 

I found a local locksmith who had the right blank but wanted $60 + for a single key because the blank was rare and expensive to get.  Gulp.  Use my blank?  Same price.  Made some mumbles about hos expensive the key machine was...    No thanks.  Bonded doesn't necessarily mean ethical.

Finally, a NAPA car parts store that cuts keys did it for their standard key price, $ 5, using my blank. 

I need to do this too, I believe eBay seller rfurtado1 can cut them from your lock code - The advantage being a key cut from the code doesn't have any wear to it. I don't think he has steel blanks, but as soon as I have his key I'll have it duplicated onto the steel blank that I have. For daily use I'd suggest using the brass key as it wears instead of your lock components , and keeping the steel as the master to have stashed away.