I recently replaced the door seals on my 2002 with the URO brand seals since they updated their rubber compound to a softer compound. The driver's side went in without much fuss. I was able to do a fair amount of research on these forums to get an idea of what kind of job I was in for. The door and window were adjusted and everything is all good. 

The passenger's side is another story. At first I got the old compound from URO and they were superbly helpful in correcting it and getting me the updated seal. Definitely thankful for their customer support. The second one went in pretty straight forward as well, however, the section at the top of the door in back just before the seal slides into the B pillar WILL NOT stay glued to the chassis (see picture). I've used both Permatex and 3M weather-stripping adhesive. Permatex twice and now 3M twice. I've scuffed it numerous times with 300 grit sandpaper after cleaning with soap and water. I've even c-clamped it for the better part of 2 days to let it set firmly and the seal peels itself off within a few uses of the door. I've This thing will not stay in place. Any reasons why this would be happening or what I can do to fix it?

IMG_0872.JPG

try contact cement on the door and seal (clean it with lacquer thinner...let it slightly dry before mating the two surfaces

17 minutes ago, esty said:

try contact cement on the door and seal (clean it with lacquer thinner...let it slightly dry before mating the two surfaces

That sounds like a solid idea. I'm going to have to use a small brush to squeeze it in there anyways. Thanks!

I did exactly as Esty directed this morning. Cleaned with lacquer thinner, let it dry, then applied a layer of contact cement (letting it dry for about 15 min - container said 15 min to 2 hours). Then I stuck it together. It held after only a bit of pressure. I clamped it for good measure once it was in place and I'll check it tomorrow. I'll report back with findings. Thanks for the tip.

I have had that problem on both doors forever. Total PITA. I’ve found, though, that a very, very thin coat of adhesive on both parts works best, still not permanent. I found 3M 94 Hi-Strength spray adhesive on Amazon, had to declare I am a professional, will try that next.

good luck with spray adhesive on door seals, it may work like a champ holding them in place but you may be forever regretful of all the over spray on everything in it's path

Yikes,, spray adhesive ??  no way.   I cleaned everything up lacquer thinner and 3M adhesive remover.

Then laid painters tape down next to weatherstriping  3M black adhesive was applied using a small Harbor Freight paint brush.  Apply to body and weatherstrip let dry 15 min. install with clamps.  Redid both doors last Summer with zero problems so far.

Harbor Freight brush use and just throw away when done.

https://www.harborfreight.com/painting/paint-brushes-rollers/12-in-horsehair-bristle-acid-shop-brushes-36-pc-61880.html