New Heater Blower Motor Turns Backwards

I bought a replacement heater blower motor, Bosch number 0-130-007-002 made in Hungary.  When I put positive power to the red wire connector on the motor and ground the the brown the motor runs backwards...sucks rather than blows.  I vaguely remember seeing something about this (of course can't find it now).  Is it as simple and swapping the wires on the motor to rectify it.  

Thanks in advance.

I just did this a few weeks ago,

It sounds like you’ll need to swap the motor “brushes” so they drag the proper direction and make new connector ends to match (male vs female)

it’s not difficult but you want to be careful not to break the tiny frame they’re mounted to.

also, make sure you plug the wires back together properly inside the heater box. I screwed that up and then my motor was spinning backwards so I had to change the ends that connect to the motor.  Not a big deal but annoying.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, chargin said:

Or you could reverse the wires to reverse the spin direction 

56A6B98A-57C5-46ED-8504-69F723C71E9B.jpeg

Yes that will reverse the spin, however the “shoes” on the motor are spring loaded and “drag” when spinning.
I would think it would cause premature failure if not facing the proper direction.

• Like 1

Just flip the wires if you dont want to take the heater box back out. I did this 7 years ago, no problems. The motor brushes may drag but considering i only use my heater once or twice a year, im not worried about premature wear.

• Like 2