• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A member here? It could be saved...

dang

A 76 2002 Turbo? Not turbo savvy here.. did they make them or is this a tribute car? Didnt the turbos have those ugly pig cheek flares?

Damage is pretty extensive, way beyond my skill sets, resources and time.

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

This is a tribute car. It started life as a plain old U.S.-spec 1976 model 2002. VIN 2379774 was manufactured in February 1976, according to both the U.S. VIN sticker and RealOEM.com.

Factory turbos are 1974 and 1975 models, and have VIN’s from 4290001 through 4291672. But the fender flares are similar to those on this tribute.

Best regards,

Steve

FE235043-79A3-4166-A7F6-0B57BAC6DFCF.jpeg

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Someone with a rusted-out but mechanically sound '02 could fix this one up.  It doesn't appear that the fire got into the passenger compartment, and the windshield isn't cracked, so I'll bet the fire was contained under the hood.   Looks like the fire fighters pried the hood open as it's sitting crooked and looks tweaked.   I suspect the burned out wiring harness is gonna be the worst problem to sort out.  OK all you Washington State folks--here's your chance.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

41 minutes ago, Conserv said:

This is a tribute car

And as such it has minimal value IMHO, if I wanted a turbo 76 I would just turbo mine. Which is within my skill set, but I wont.

Thanks Steve,

Mikey

Edited by tech71
  • Thanks 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

This was not even what I would call a Tribute car.  The guy that built it was a long time PNW 2002 guy and he built it to be fast and it was.  He just happened to put the flairs and stripes on it because he liked them. He had Turbo flairs and spoiler on a '69 '02 back in 1975.  I don't know who has had the car for the last few years as Max passed away a couple of years ago.  I'm guessing they did not take very good care of it,  It was always pristine when Max had it.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

The interior isn't bad.  And it doesn't look like it got too hot. I don't see pools of melted aluminum.  If I was able to travel to the states I may take a run at it.  But no go because of co-vo. 

I will be interested to see what it goes for. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

What I would like to know is State Farm has set the retail value at 40 grand, I wonder if this is reflected in the pay out to the owner.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

1 hour ago, Son of Marty said:

What I would like to know is State Farm has set the retail value at 40 grand, I wonder if this is reflected in the pay out to the owner.

It could be.  Most classic vehicles show an even number like that and is probably the agreed value.  Other insured vehicles are rarely ever even numbers.  They used to use "ACV" instead of "Est Retail Value".  Copart and the insurance companies like to be vague any chance they get.

Edited by dang