This is my first post and I am also soon to be the owner of a '72 2002 tii I have purchased in Europe.

I have been trying to determine what this wheel type is.  Is it authentic?

image.png

I have much to learn but believe I have found a really nice, rust free, and unmolested example.

Thank you,

Patrick Arnold

IIRC that's an optional alloy wheel that was fitted (presumably by the dealer) to cars sold in Italy.  Not sure if it was offered elsewhere, but definitely not in the US.  A quite desirable item to have on your car. 

And BTW, welcome to the 02 fraternity/sorority and to the FAQ.

mike

• Like 2

Hello Mike, thank you for the information.  Indeed, the car was delivered to and spent its life in Italy until only very recently.  Appreciate the welcome.  I have always wanted a 2002 tii having owned many other BMWs through the years.

Best,

Patrick Arnold

From this forum’s Wheels Database:

Good-looking rims, typically-excellent FPS quality, and perfectly period and market-appropriate!

VIN? Send an email to BMW Group Archives, with the VIN, requesting their data on the car.

info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com

They’ll give you the car’s precise manufacturing date and confirm the factory exterior color. No charge. After you get this data, please enter your car in this forum’s Registry.

Congrats on your acquisition!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

Thank you for pointing out that wheel database.  I'll be sure to more carefully peruse the site before asking too many questions.  All good and I appreciate you pointing that out.

I did email the BMW Group Archives and they responded to me already.  It's great to see the validation the car I'm buying and its reported history seems to be corroborated by the Group Archive folks --delivered to Italy, wheels reportedly by a dealer in Italy (thanks all!), and recently acquired by the selling dealer from a family in Italy.  Once I actually gain possession of the car, I'll be sure and add it to the registry.  It's Granada red/023.  Can't wait to see her in person.

Patrick Arnold

• Like 2
2 hours ago, pcarenthuz said:

I don't want to mess w/ the good karma I seem to have going!  I will reply with more specifics once it's in the bag.  Euros being wired tomorrow!  It's not an Oldenzaal car!

Pat

The last upmteen '02s for sale at Oldenzaal have come from Italy..........that's why I wondered.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 2002iii said:

Looks nice!

+1

Let’s get it in our forum’s Registry. But first, send an email to BMW Group Archives, with the VIN, and request their data on the car:

info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com

Archives will provide the exact manufacturing date, and confirmation of the factory exterior color — this is getting somewhat late for Granada red, which will shortly be replaced by Verona red.

Below is the information provided by the VIN decoder operated by the BMW 2002 Car Club of Columbia. It’s generally accurate, but not as date-specific as Archives’ data.

Regards,

Steve

765573A3-06A4-4874-8909-CCB104E051E9.jpeg