Scheel Mann seat rail and slider situation

So I have a good friend who had these stuffed in his garage... He’s an Alfa guy so he was kind enough to part with these for next to nothing... he said “These belong in a BMW” Problem is this... This is an early car so it doesn’t have the same seat rails as the later cars have... And the seat rails are gone... the Scheels came with half the sliders shown in the pictures but not the bottom parts. 

What’s the best way to get this done???? Drivers side inner seat frame mount is monkeyed as well... Gotta figure that out too...

54DCC380-52FB-473C-A865-49A9C4F24BA4.jpeg

1472C825-6B67-4BA5-AFAB-736318A2D865.jpeg

F15BF650-6AB5-4F89-9ABA-F88AFD1AF84D.jpeg

C98559A9-C4EF-4383-B30E-73B457EB9ABB.jpeg

8D1877E2-221C-435F-AC26-B1506E285FC2.jpeg

ECF3DA8E-1BAB-4581-9B25-FA1DCC369208.jpeg

AD6CCCDC-2F6E-4A3F-B02F-E6AA68322E46.jpeg

285F1498-95D6-4292-A7C5-BD17E7D9FD5A.jpeg

9A9CEF53-A8D9-4354-9A6A-A01685B486F7.jpeg

31A67ECF-0C5D-43E4-BBE2-F1E693EBC75B.jpeg

34D3A6C9-3145-4004-A39B-274A68FD33F7.jpeg

5F5642A1-1210-4823-ABBC-F889623085BF.jpeg

Nice looking seats, your either going to need the bottoms to the Scheel Mann sliders and seat brackets or custom brackets with original early seat sliders. I'm thinking it would be easiest and cheapest to get the early sliders and make an adapter plate out of ome steel bar stock.

Your definitely going to want to fix/ reinforce the drivers side mount.

• Thanks 1

Yup... Gotta get my old man to bring his mug welder down. It’s pretty mangled... I Might end up cutting it out and stitching in something new. 

Finding early sliders can’t be easy... and finding the bottoms to what I have would probably be even harder... either way I need an adapter plate or flat bar to mount it. 

I’m tempted to give something like this a try. 

GTR Simulator - Universal Bucket Seat Slider Tracks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W2LMKQ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_30Y8JSVYYQFQAX811S90

4 hours ago, RoccoGilroy said:

Yup... Gotta get my old man to bring his mug welder down. It’s pretty mangled... I Might end up cutting it out and stitching in something new. 

Finding early sliders can’t be easy... and finding the bottoms to what I have would probably be even harder... either way I need an adapter plate or flat bar to mount it. 

I’m tempted to give something like this a try. 

GTR Simulator - Universal Bucket Seat Slider Tracks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W2LMKQ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_30Y8JSVYYQFQAX811S90

I have a buncha Scheel slider pieces... maybe... :)

IMG_20210425_201052517.jpg

• Like 2

As others have said, it looks like you’ve got the top half of the scheel sliders (still mounted to the seats). So if you want to go fancy and use the scheel sliders, you need the bottom portion of the scheel sliders that mate with your rails. These also have an integrated 4 position height adjustment, and then you’d need the still need the 2002-scheel scheel seat base/adapters to make up the difference in bolt pattern width... Probably the least of the most-complicated options would be to find the early 02 factory sliders and stick those on your freshly fixed mount, and then use Recaro (e21) adapters to mount the scheels to the factory 02 sliders. (Only note there’s is that for some the seat sits too high with the added 1” height of the Recaro adapters!) I’m 5’6” and it just right... So many options!!

Edited by akfjord
  • Thanks 1

If you have broad shoulders those seats are miserable. I spent years looking for a set of scheel 401’s like you have. Finally found a set, put them in the car and realized after a drive to SoCal that the shoulder bolsters were horrible. I’d say sit in them for awhile before you decide to take all the work to mount them. 

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, akfjord said:

As others have said, it looks like you’ve got the top half of the scheel sliders (still mounted to the seats). So if you want to go fancy and use the scheel sliders, you need the bottom portion of the scheel sliders that mate with your rails. These also have an integrated 4 position height adjustment, and then you’d need the still need the 2002-scheel scheel seat base/adapters to make up the difference in bolt pattern width... Probably the least of the most-complicated options would be to find the early 02 factory sliders and stick those on your freshly fixed mount, and then use Recaro (e21) adapters to mount the scheels to the factory 02 sliders. (Only note there’s is that for some the seat sits too high with the added 1” height of the Recaro adapters!) I’m 5’6” and it just right... So many options!!

I’m 6’3 🥺

I think I was able to just use my recaro mounts.

I'm 5'11" with a long torso, and I like lowering my seat in my car.  You might want to figure out how to work around all those adapters and get that seat as low as possible.  I think one time I used 3/16" strap / flat 2" or 1", and just made a flat square to connect the 4 bolt holes in the car, then located where I wanted the seat and bolted it in.  No slider adjuster.  Perfect for me, very low, not very adjustable- but if you make it perfect?  Besides, how often does anyone else drive your car?

P.S.  I'd take Ray up on some of those sliders so you at least have properly functioning seats to start with.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, irdave said:

P.S.  I'd take Ray up on some of those sliders so you at least have properly functioning seats to start with.

Way ahead of you! Im just so glad someone had something to get me started! Ray is a good man for taking pity on me... I’ll post up some pics here when I’m able to come up with something that works.