M30 four barrel intake manifold w/air cleaner

Price: $100
Description:

I know this isn't really 2002 related, but I figured someone might know someone who might be interested in these parts.

These were taken from a late 70s Euro 7 Series just for the sheer curiosity of them, but I'm moving and trying to thin out what I have to pack. 

This is a factory BMW M30 4 barrel intake manifold and factory air cleaner. Both are in good shape but can use a good cleaning. The carburetor is a 4 barrel Holley EconoMaster carb that I'm sure needs a rebuild. 

Looking for $100 for everything. If you have any questions please just ask. Thanks!

20190210_123707.jpg

20190210_123606.jpg

First that intake originally came with a 4 barrel Solex carburetor ( I have one somewhere).

1 hour ago, Slavs said:

I'd like to see one of those on an 02. I'm willing to bet it works better than the 38/38.

My dad had the same idea years ago. We tried attaching the 4 inner intake runners to an m10 head, unfortunately the spacing is different because of the m30s larger cylinder bores and spacing.

To do it you would have to have a custom manifold made or adapt one meant for another 4 cylinder engine. I found a offenhauser manifold for a Pontiac I think that looked like it could be adapted.

Or try mounting one on top of a e21 320i or e30 318i one piece intake manifold.

Or use the early e21 320i 3 piece lower manifold part and a custom adapter made from a 4 barrel carburetor flange and some piping. 

22 hours ago, 2002iii said:

First that intake originally came with a 4 barrel Solex carburetor ( I have one somewhere).

My dad had the same idea years ago. We tried attaching the 4 inner intake runners to an m10 head, unfortunately the spacing is different because of the m30s larger cylinder bores and spacing.

To do it you would have to have a custom manifold made or adapt one meant for another 4 cylinder engine. I found a offenhauser manifold for a Pontiac I think that looked like it could be adapted.

Or try mounting one on top of a e21 320i or e30 318i one piece intake manifold.

Or use the early e21 320i 3 piece lower manifold part and a custom adapter made from a 4 barrel carburetor flange and some piping. 

There was an M10 intake manifold for a Holley 500 2 barrel carburetor made for American V8s, but I haven't seen one for sale in years. 

1 hour ago, MAD02 said:

There was an M10 intake manifold for a Holley 500 2 barrel carburetor made for American V8s, but I haven't seen one for sale in years. 

Yeah I think they were made by Offenhauser, I've seen pictures of one of those, but they were only made for a few years and are super rare.

Plus we really wanted a 4 barrel for dual Dcoe power without the hassle of tuning dual carbs.